First day...need some friends!

Options
Hey all!!

I am new to fitness pal and I am looking for some fitness pal friends. Definitely like supporting and being supported in our journeys. I am 28 and looking to lose the last 35 lbs to reach my goal weight. I started this whole journey a few years ago at my heaviest weight of 246 lbs. Currently, I am at 186 lbs. I know I am slow and getting there but I WILL MAKE IT. I've made changes to my lifestyle to keep the weight off forever and being active (which I never was when I started) Looking forward to completing this journey here. :happy:

Not really sure how to find the "friends" tho..so thought I would post on the boards.

Rachel

Replies

• Capone007
    Capone007 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'll add you as a friend. This site is definitely making the weight battle a little easier for me so far!
  • Dtermined89
    Options
    we have similar goals for sure ill be your friend lol
  • EmRN06
    EmRN06 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi Rachel!
    Today is my first day on this site as well, so I'd love to be your friend! I've been struggling with my weight for years and I know that it is much easier with the support of friends. We have similar goals as well. I am 26 years old, 190 pounds, and have a goal weight of 150 pounds. Good luck on your journey to a thinner, healthier you!
    Emily
  • EmRN06
    EmRN06 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi Rachel!
    Today is my first day on this site as well, so I'd love to be your friend! I've been struggling with my weight for years and I know that it is much easier with the support of friends. We have similar goals as well. I am 26 years old, 190 pounds, and have a goal weight of 150 pounds. Good luck on your journey to a thinner, healthier you!
    Emily
  • jaitken_22
    jaitken_22 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'll add you too! I've been on here about a week now and love it! Looking for people to inspire and motivate me and chat to etc! :) Anyone else can add me too!
  • mhowe86
    mhowe86 Posts: 37
    Options
    I just started too! Good luck with your weight loss!
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    My mom says not to talk to strangers. LOL

Welcome!.

Super Job on your accomplishments so far.

Friend request sent.
  • jesshamonko
    Options
    Same here! I'm looking for more friends, I started this site a couple weeks ago and it's a struggle, but I'm trying! Good luck to you and everyone else!
  • kctj0815
    Options
    I just started on this website and have 1 friend whose a coworker... I'll add you too! :)

I need to surround myself with people that have similar goals to mine... I've learned that for me, it's the best way to keep me focused on my goals... which is to lose 25 lbs.
  • bitty1taz
    bitty1taz Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
    I've been working hard to lose my baby weight from 6 years ago. I did really well here, then stopped. I gained over 20 lbs back. So I'm back and back on track.
    Feel free to add me if you would like and I wish you luck in reaching your goal.
  • ShunkyDave
    ShunkyDave Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'll add, and ask the same! Here we go! Getting smaller!
  • slimyfishy
    slimyfishy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm here, girl! I started last Monday and lost 4.4lbs in my first week. Woohooo! My goal is to lose 40lbs total. WE CAN DO THIS!

Friend Request Sent :D

Shan
    Marathoner, Homeschool Mom, Muralist, Crazy Person