Ladies, odd but serious question??

Options
swalberg0625
swalberg0625 Posts: 98 Member
Do you wear different underwear when working out? I am not a big fan of bikini bottoms as they aren't comfortable and leave lines. Sorry if TMI but I wear thongs because I find them to be much more comfortable, but while working out they just don't work. Any gals wear/really like a certain style/brand for working out??

Replies

• bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I never wear thongs. They aren't comfortable at all to me. It's a massive wedgie to me personally. I like wearing boy shorts when I work out, and I can rock some bikini bottoms if necessary.

I can't do thongs, g-strings, or granny panties during a workout or in everyday life.
  • TXRanchGirl
    TXRanchGirl Posts: 303
    Options
    My OBGYN told me thongs are awful for working out in..she said she deals with at least 5 women a year with rashes "up there"..she reccomended cotton bikinis.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,212 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Probably TMI, but I don't wear underwear while working out. If they're not there, they can't creep up and make me uncomfortable while I'm finding endorphin bliss.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I never wear thongs. They aren't comfortable at all to me. It's a massive wedgie to me personally. I like wearing boy shorts when I work out, and I can rock some bikini bottoms if necessary.

I can't do thongs, g-strings, or granny panties during a workout or in everyday life.

+1
  • AlliSteff
    AlliSteff Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I hate the lines, so I wear what I wore to work- usually Hanky Panky thongs (which are super comfy)
  • Biggirllittledreams
    Biggirllittledreams Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Do you wear different underwear when working out? I am not a big fan of bikini bottoms as they aren't comfortable and leave lines. Sorry if TMI but I wear thongs because I find them to be much more comfortable, but while working out they just don't work. Any gals wear/really like a certain style/brand for working out??

I tend to do the same! If I wear normal panties, i get this weird chaffing in the small concave where my thigh meets my hip.
  • fooninie
    fooninie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Probably TMI, but I don't wear underwear while working out. If they're not there, they can't creep up and make me uncomfortable while I'm finding endorphin bliss.

^^^^ THIS! totally, this.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness, the thought of wearing thongs makes me cringe (hate, hate, hate), but working out in them?

tumblr_inline_mw5p5eeaaz1ro2d43.gif

I can only imagine the wedgie. That being said, I swim a lot, so I don't worry so much in that regard. I like wearing bikini bottoms for a swimsuit. I think the fabric feels nicer and more lightweight, but that could just be me.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    100% cotton bikinis/low-rise

I'm at the gym, I don't give a rat's *kitten* about panty lines :P
    What matters is that I stay comfortable, wedgie free, and there's no funkyness going on down there
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I've yet to find comfortable workout underwear. :(
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your body type. I thought 'boy shorts' would work well for working out but my thighs touch and I found them riding up on me and bunching up in my crotch. I prefer a bikini type that are seamless. I don't really care about a seam showing it is more for chafing or bunching ..if they are seamless this won't happen.

Under armour, asics, lululemon all make undies. I do have two pair of under armour..I think they are called "pure stretch cheeky underwear' and they are my favorites.
  • misscem94
    misscem94 Posts: 114 Member
    Options

Same here. I don't wear clothes at all, but I can get away with that because I workout in my room :)
  • curlergal14
    curlergal14 Posts: 20 Member
    Options

Definitely this. Get some nice workout shorts/capris and you don't need anything under them. Or go for the running shorts with built in undies (I'm not a fan but I know a lot who are).
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I don't wear any while working out. I'm just more comfortable without them.
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I wear cotton briefs due to how sweaty I get. Wearing anything else is asking for problems, as far as my body is concerned!
  • MarshaLouise91
    Options
    I HATE thongs.

I like to wear girl boxers/shorts. Comfortable, and they look good :)
  • LisaBeateith2012
    LisaBeateith2012 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Oh Emm Gee! I never wore any underwear once when I went to do a workout at the gym and it was one of the most embarrassing moments in my life......:ohwell: The sweat mark down there looked like I had pi*sed myself! I always wear underwear now! Bahahahahaha :laugh:
  • TeriaShae
    TeriaShae Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I hardly ever do. You can buy the pants and shorts that have it built in, I don't know if you've ever seen them but you can typically get it at like Nike and probably even Walmart. To me that works best! But it's just whatever you're comfortable with. :)
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options

^^^^^THIS^^^^^
  • adopp062715
    adopp062715 Posts: 93 Member
    Options

This.