Ladies, odd but serious question??

Options

Replies

• beckytcy
    beckytcy Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I would def not wear a thong when working out. You can get chafing ora UTI. I wear special workout underwear from target. C9 brand. I think they are called hipster style. Super comfy but not all that flattering. Still I'll take comfort and health with vpl over an infection any day.
  • Mom_of_X
    Mom_of_X Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    none.
    at all.

unless it's.... you know. red week.

ain't nobody got time for dat.

:wink:
  • iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I too go sans undies while working out, unless they are absolutely necessary (TOM). Way more comfortable that way. I can't stand my undies riding up while I'm running, and nothing worse than having a wedgie while in the squat rack...lol!!
  • lamps1303
    lamps1303 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't know how anyone works out in a thong - can just imagine the discomfort squatting! :ohwell:

I usually wear cotton briefs or girl boxers - both of which are pretty loose around that area. Can't say I'm too bothered about knicker-lines tbh (in the gym anyway!)
  • missak610
    missak610 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    For me personally, it depends on the type of workout I'm doing. If I'm running bleacher circuits or doing an HIIT workout, I prefer cotton bikinis. If I'm walking, jogging, running sprints, etc. I love my boy shorts. I did find that size matters for sure! If they aren't tight enough they crawl too much, if they are too tight they cause more chaffing and discomfort. That's my two cents.
  • ChronicOptimist
    ChronicOptimist Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I actually have specific "work out undies" as a reward for X amount of weight loss!! I haven't decided exactly at what amount lost I'm going to put it yet (probably when my regular underwear starts getting big, haha) but it will happen! Probably something like the Moving Comfort Workout Bikini, but I still need to do some research.

Of course, I'm also an avid hiker, and things like uncomfortable underwear can REALLY kill you on a 17 mile trek, so they'll be serving double duty in that regard.
  • swalberg0625
    swalberg0625 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Probably TMI, but I don't wear underwear while working out. If they're not there, they can't creep up and make me uncomfortable while I'm finding endorphin bliss.

Haha this is what I do now so that's why I am asking others opinions
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,934 Member
    Options
    Hahah I actually tend to go for the undies that GIVE me lines. Those are the ones with the tight elastic that keep them in place. Wedgies suck. So I go for full coverage bikini or just... regular. I don't even know what they're called. You could try wearing loose running shorts (the pretty black ones with the vibrant coloured piping on the edges)
  • swalberg0625
    Options
    I think it depends on your body type. I thought 'boy shorts' would work well for working out but my thighs touch and I found them riding up on me and bunching up in my crotch. I prefer a bikini type that are seamless. I don't really care about a seam showing it is more for chafing or bunching ..if they are seamless this won't happen.

Under armour, asics, lululemon all make undies. I do have two pair of under armour..I think they are called "pure stretch cheeky underwear' and they are my favorites.

Thanks for the brands, I'll check it out
  • swalberg0625
    Options
    I hate the lines, so I wear what I wore to work- usually Hanky Panky thongs (which are super comfy)

I'll check these out
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I normally wear thongs, but try to go for boy shorts during workouts.
  • swalberg0625
    Options
    Probably TMI, but I don't wear underwear while working out. If they're not there, they can't creep up and make me uncomfortable while I'm finding endorphin bliss.
    Oh Emm Gee! I never wore any underwear once when I went to do a workout at the gym and it was one of the most embarrassing moments in my life......:ohwell: The sweat mark down there looked like I had pi*sed myself! I always wear underwear now! Bahahahahaha :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • bombshellcertification
    bombshellcertification Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I love ex officio bikinis and/or I wear yoga pants that have cotton liner on inside sans the bikins ---and running shorts with built in panties...I don't even notice the undies in the right size they don't ride up and they do cover smoothly...

http://www.exofficio.com/products/womens/underwear/bottoms
  • GardenGirlie
    GardenGirlie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I am a waist high french cut thigh area cotton and lycra girl. I want something snug that will not shift but has good coverage and does not cut in in uncomfortable places. Works for me. :-)
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I wear cotton briefs due to how sweaty I get. Wearing anything else is asking for problems, as far as my body is concerned!

^^^ Peeling sweaty undies off your sweaty body is gross, but cotton all the way. Who gives a hoot about panty lines when you are working out anyway? If you are concerned about how you look, you aren't working out hard enough.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    no offense ladies that don't wear undies working out ewwww...

I wont wear thongs ever...only gstrings...but for working out cotton bikini briefs...

And if you have them in the proper size they don't ride up etc...
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    I always like wearing the big baggy waist high granny knickers under my trackpants or yoga wear.
  • zanne54
    zanne54 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Add me to team commando.

I tried wearing my normal thong to play hockey…once. I almost needed a crowbar to remove THAT wedgie.
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options

^^^^ THIS! totally, this.

Same here, although I've tried the seamless ones from Lululemon and they were alright. Not keen on spending that for workout underwear, and also having to pack different underwear for the gym. I just go without most days.
  • cwoyto123
    cwoyto123 Posts: 308
    Options
    If I were a girl, I'd wear a thong 24/7 lol srs.