Tips to lose 5 pound sin seven days?!!

Options

Replies

• aglopez1102
    aglopez1102 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Okay i asked for tips to drop the weight not for endless smart *kitten* remarks but thanks anyways!

I am aware that losing so much in a week is bad. I am aware that it is very difficult to do so . I know all this. like i stated from the beginning , i am just trying to push it so i can meet my goal next week. after that i do plan to just eat right and work out , hoping to lose 1 lb a week after that.

this is for this week not my long term goals. i'm pretty sure losing 5 lbs a week for months is not what i am wanting to get to.. but i am sure the sarcastics know that already.

Thank you to everyone that actually gave me advise, tips, and such
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    get your bowels flushed. minimal effort and wont do any damage, will more than likely result in a few pounds gone
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    No offense intended, but this is the silliest thing I've heard. Just don't do it. The smaller you are the harder it is to lose weight under any circumstances,and even five pounds of water would be difficult to take off.
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    agreed with SLLRunner. Not trying to offend but these competitions are silly and cause more harm than good.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Okay i asked for tips to drop the weight not for endless smart *kitten* remarks but thanks anyways!

I am aware that losing so much in a week is bad. I am aware that it is very difficult to do so . I know all this. like i stated from the beginning , i am just trying to push it so i can meet my goal next week. after that i do plan to just eat right and work out , hoping to lose 1 lb a week after that.

this is for this week not my long term goals. i'm pretty sure losing 5 lbs a week for months is not what i am wanting to get to.. but i am sure the sarcastics know that already.

Hey, you know what? You're just bit defensive. You post something like this you will get remarks that you don't like, and you don't get to control them. Most people will not support you even in a week of unsafe weight loss practices.
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Talk to your HR about how they're promoting unsafe eating practices.

You would have to create a deficit of 2500cals/day for 7 days. It's not possible.

^^^This. I respect your logic in saying that you know this isn't a healthy way to lose weight, yet you want to do it anyway? That's like saying, "I know it's dangerous to cross the street in oncoming traffic, but I'll just do it this once because I have to get somewhere fast."

Not being a smart *kitten*...just saying what is obvious. Competitions can drive people to do things they wouldn't dream of doing under usual circumstances. The goal or prize must be really worth it to put your body through all this.
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options

A great way to get advice without snark is to just Google your question.
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I don't see anything wrong with wanting to make sure you're not bloated for a final weigh in for a competition.

Just cut the carbs down to a minimum and drink plenty of water. Try to increase your fiber intake for earlier in the week just to make sure you're not backed up - psyllium husk is good for this. Wear light clothes. Stick to your deficit but don't go overboard because you're not gonna lose that weight in fat that quickly.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options

And some of us did give you tips. Granted, they were not encouraging you to do this, but they are still tips regardless.
    There's no point in pushing yourself to an unattainable goal that is unhealthy, and for a superficial reason (winning a contest). Your health is worth more than some silly weight loss competition at work.
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options
    Stomach bug?
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Just one reason I think weight loss competitions are rubbish.
  • k_nicole87
    k_nicole87 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    What is the prize for said "competition"?
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    What is the prize for said "competition"?

I was just thinking the same thing. How much money are we talking here that people are willing to put their bodies through cleanses and low calorie diets?
  • BrittanyMG3
    BrittanyMG3 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    easy, no added salt and lower sodium foods. NOT lower calories.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Stomach bug?

Mindy Kaling's character on The Office wanted to get a tapeworm to lose weight. Seems legit.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Steam room (jockeys can't be wrong)

Ketogenic diet from now until the weigh in.

Someone said rum. I say vodka works even better. As long as it doesn't send you racing for the salty and sweet snacks.
  • RainRedfield
    RainRedfield Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    -Drink a lot of water
    -Avoid Breads and Dairy
    -Don't eat after 8pm
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Meth
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member