Am I Thin, Normal, or Fat?

Options
I'm 5'3'' and 128 pounds........am I thin, normal, or fat?

Replies

• Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Would you care to show us pictures?

How do you feel? What do you see in the mirror?
  • cwoyto123
    cwoyto123 Posts: 308
    Options
    Would need pictures to judge.

Weight means nothing my friend.
  • SuperTiredMom
    SuperTiredMom Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    That sounds about average, however, it's not the numbers on the scale that matter, it's the measurements you have and your level of health.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    You may be "skinny fat" normal weight but high BF%? can't tell without a pic, but your weight is in the "normal" range for your height.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Now I've seen it all on MFP. A request for opinions on their appearance, and the OP doesn't even have a picture.
  • tycho_mx
    tycho_mx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Do you have 12 in biceps? 18 in biceps? Built like a discus thrower?

Or have enjoyed a few too many sessions with chips and beer, watching the aforementioned discus thrower above?

I wouldn't classify you as thin or flimsy at that size and weight... but you can certainly be fit, strong, or athletic. Heck, the setter in my varsity volleyball team was only a couple of inches taller (generously) and he could dunk a ball. Not very big arms, but his legs were like trunks.
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    You sound like you are well within a healthy BMI. Without body comp numbers, measurements, or photos, its impossible to say more.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Why does it matter what we think? You clearly show us that you think you are out of the normal range of whatever you think normal is.
  • HardcoreP0rk
    Options

True. For reference, those are roughly my numbers (within 1-2 pounds,) and this is me
    <
  • RadioGames
    RadioGames Posts: 24
    Options

True. For reference, those are roughly my numbers (within 1-2 pounds,) and this is me
    <

You look thin to me. I want to be thin, and I want people to think I'm thin....so yes I know BMI says I'm just normal but I guess I posted this to find out what people generally think...I don't have a recent full body photo but I'll take one this weekend when I'm hanging out with some friends.
  • HardcoreP0rk
    Options

<

You look thin to me. I want to be thin, and I want people to think I'm thin....so yes I know BMI says I'm just normal but I guess I posted this to find out what people generally think...I don't have a recent full body photo but I'll take one this weekend when I'm hanging out with some friends.

I'm so sorry.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    What?

And, you're 128 trying to lose 18 pounds at 5 ft. 3?

Something is off here.
  • RadioGames
    Options

<

I'm so sorry.

I guess I am quite influenced by people around me...everyone else wanting to be thin...I actually used to think I was thin....a girl I knew asked my weight and I said 120 pounds which was my weight then...and she was like oh i'm 100 pounds, same height, you weigh a lot. So now I'm kind of questioning...I used to think I was pretty thin and that most people weighed more...now I see that people might consider me as having a curvy body (not just chest and butt but all around big)
  • EbonyAries
    EbonyAries Posts: 19
    Options
    How can you not tell if you are thin or fat, are you a child?
  • MeganAnne89
    MeganAnne89 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I guess I am quite influenced by people around me...everyone else wanting to be thin...I actually used to think I was thin....a girl I knew asked my weight and I said 120 pounds which was my weight then...and she was like oh i'm 100 pounds, same height, you weigh a lot. So now I'm kind of questioning...I used to think I was pretty thin and that most people weighed more...now I see that people might consider me as having a curvy body (not just chest and butt but all around big)

If this girl was your height (which is also my height btw) and she only weighed 100 lbs then she was underweight and unhealthy. Forget about the **** that comes out of her mouth.

You are in the normal range for what a woman of your height should weigh. Keep eating healthy and exercising and try not to think about others.
  • nofoodforthemood
    Options
    Don't worry about people around you...they don't pay your bills. Worry about you and love yourself.
  • macrotracko
    macrotracko Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'3 and 128 pounds and before I started lifting I had 33% body fat. I looked normal, but I was actually pretty fat, and I felt fat. Do you feel fat? If you do, work on it. Eat more protein. Lift weights. Do a little cardio if you want.
  • Fsunami
    Fsunami Posts: 241 Member
    Options

You are none of the above. You are a human being with emotions and feelings.

None of those three words define who you are. Don't let others do it either.

You are what you are, and your soul tells you whether you are ok with who/what you are.

The validation from others doesn't mean ****. They don't walk in your shoes, pay your bills, carry your water pail, etc.

Fsunami
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options

<

I'm so sorry.

I saw this type of follow up coming. OP, you sound pretty young, and I think you will grow out of comparing yourself to others, and trying to change to suit what others think of you.

You are at a "normal" weight for your height. Unfortunately, it sounds like that doesn't matter much. For what its worth, how you feel about yourself shouldn't be influenced by how much someone else says they weigh.
  • RadioGames
    Options
    You are very wise, Fsunami.