Am I Thin, Normal, or Fat?

Options

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Would need pictures to judge.

Weight means nothing my friend.

True. For reference, those are roughly my numbers (within 1-2 pounds,) and this is me
    <

You look thin to me. I want to be thin, and I want people to think I'm thin....so yes I know BMI says I'm just normal but I guess I posted this to find out what people generally think...I don't have a recent full body photo but I'll take one this weekend when I'm hanging out with some friends.

You should probably stop caring so much about what other people think.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • Devlyn_P
    Devlyn_P Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Have no idea what muscle to fat ratio you have w/o a picture.

Normal meaning average? Can't say there is a norm or average this day and age. Even the old school BMI index is a horrible reference.
  • RadioGames
    RadioGames Posts: 24
    Options
    Have no idea what muscle to fat ratio you have w/o a picture.

Normal meaning average? Can't say there is a norm or average this day and age. Even the old school BMI index is a horrible reference.

Normal meaning not thin but not chubby...so in between
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Don't fixate on the numbers. The numbers don't work out the same for everyone. Height and weight are not the only important factors. It is misguided for anyone to compare weight with you and vice versa.
  • alioopwontonsoup
    alioopwontonsoup Posts: 17 Member
    Options
  • funfang
    funfang Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3'' and 128 pounds........am I thin, normal, or fat?

You are none of the above. You are a human being with emotions and feelings.

None of those three words define who you are. Don't let others do it either.

You are what you are, and your soul tells you whether you are ok with who/what you are.

The validation from others doesn't mean ****. They don't walk in your shoes, pay your bills, carry your water pail, etc.

Fsunami

This!

your weight/shape don't define who you are. When I meet a new person, it's more important how that person makes me feel rather then what size he or she is.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    What does your personal trainer say?

How does your beagle feel about you?
  • mjdmom5
    mjdmom5 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Honestly, most of the time other people are not thinking about you. If you fall really far outside of "normal" sized, people probably notice, and some may think "Hey, she's fat." or "Hey, she's skinny." But most people who see you, at a pretty average weight, aren't thinking about your weight. They're thinking about the 17 things they have to do today, the vacation they're taking next month, how they can't pay their car insurance, etc. You may want to consider focusing more on your attitudes about body size, weight, and beauty rather than weight loss. I'm obese. I've done this weight loss thing repeatedly. I have the most success when I'm "body positive". Even without a picture, I know you're beautiful!
  • RadioGames
    Options
    Honestly, most of the time other people are not thinking about you. If you fall really far outside of "normal" sized, people probably notice, and some may think "Hey, she's fat." or "Hey, she's skinny." But most people who see you, at a pretty average weight, aren't thinking about your weight. They're thinking about the 17 things they have to do today, the vacation they're taking next month, how they can't pay their car insurance, etc. You may want to consider focusing more on your attitudes about body size, weight, and beauty rather than weight loss. I'm obese. I've done this weight loss thing repeatedly. I have the most success when I'm "body positive". Even without a picture, I know you're beautiful!

You have a beautiful soul.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    What?

And, you're 128 trying to lose 18 pounds at 5 ft. 3?

Something is off here.

110 would still be normal for her height, she may have a small frame of very little muscle mass
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Would need pictures to judge.

Weight means nothing my friend.

True. For reference, those are roughly my numbers (within 1-2 pounds,) and this is me
    <

You look thin to me. I want to be thin, and I want people to think I'm thin....so yes I know BMI says I'm just normal but I guess I posted this to find out what people generally think...I don't have a recent full body photo but I'll take one this weekend when I'm hanging out with some friends.

I'm so sorry.

I guess I am quite influenced by people around me...everyone else wanting to be thin...I actually used to think I was thin....a girl I knew asked my weight and I said 120 pounds which was my weight then...and she was like oh i'm 100 pounds, same height, you weigh a lot. So now I'm kind of questioning...I used to think I was pretty thin and that most people weighed more...now I see that people might consider me as having a curvy body (not just chest and butt but all around big)

A.) I have a hard time imagining a random person saying " oh i'm 100 pounds, same height, you weigh a lot"

B,) if you don't like your body then change it. Not necessarily lose weight but change the composition

C.) Stop caring what others think of you. You are 25, time to grow out of that.

D.) Being big does NOT make you curvy, being curvy does NOT make you big. Please stop referring to yourself as curvy if you are just chubby and don't call yourself chubby if you are just curvy. You are demeaning body types that are curvy by making it synonymous with fat. Stop it, please.
  • RadioGames
    Options
    What?

Something is off here.

110 would still be normal for her height, she may have a small frame of very little muscle mass

All my guy friends tell me I should lose weight and when I ask how much they say 110, girls I know say 100 but I think that's not healthy for me.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Moar squats.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    TDEE-20%
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    What does your personal trainer say?

How does your beagle feel about you?

^this is silly.

What if you don't have a personal trainer or a beagle? I mean I don't have either.

However, just yesterday my Havanese told me I don't walk her enough. Does this mean she thinks I'm fat?
  • lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    What?

Something is off here.

All my guy friends tell me I should lose weight and when I ask how much they say 110, girls I know say 100 but I think that's not healthy for me.

110 would not necessarily be too thin for your height (depending on how muscular you are), but 100 would definitely be.
    Bear in mind that girls lie all the time about their weight, and most guys have no idea how much girls should weigh.
    Decide for yourself what your fitness goals should be.
    I'm surprised that at 25 your friends are focusing so much on the number. That seems more like high school/college behavior to me, but maybe I am just old.
  • RadioGames
    Options
    What?

Something is off here.

110 would not necessarily be too thin for your height (depending on how muscular you are), but 100 would definitely be.
    Bear in mind that girls lie all the time about their weight, and most guys have no idea how much girls should weigh.

Thanks. I'm sick of people commenting on my weight (with the exception of here, since I actually asked and this IS a weight/fitness forum lol)
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    You are definitely not "normal" that's for sure.
  • kcmcd
    kcmcd Posts: 239 Member
    Options

Are you healthy? Are you happy? Is your body able to do what you want it to do?

I outweigh many people who I am smaller than. It doesn't make me better or worse than them. It doesn't make anyone who loves me love me more or less. Or me them.

I'm sorry hearing what someone else weighs made you worry. It's a weird thing to try and be competitive over. You don't have to buy into it.