Drinking Water

Options
I was wondering would my water intake also include drinking diluting juice or flavoured water (both sugar free of course!)? I manage to drink 2x 500ml bottles of plain still water at work, but would like more variety throughout the day. I drink "zero" or "sugar free" fizzy drinks now and again. I'm really bad at going through the day and not drinking alot so want to improve that.

Replies

• CrystalAdams23
    Options
    I sure hope so, like the Crystal Light drinks... especially the White Peach! OMG!!! It is really hard for me to continue to just drink plain water all day long! Especially with hot food, :-p
  • gcruz1003
    Options
    Ok I found this. It's some tips on how to chose healthy flavored water. Hope this helps!

!.Choose flavored waters that are calorie-free. Don’t let the packaging fool you. Flavored water can be loaded with calories. The problem lies in the sugar. Some brands even contain more sugar than a can of soda. This is far from healthy. Instead, choose flavored water that is sweetened with a sugar substitute. This eliminates the calories, making the water healthier.

2.Choose a caffeine-free brand. Brands that promise increased energy can be loaded with caffeine. For years, caffeine has been labeled as a diuretic, meaning it can lead to dehydration. Water loaded with caffeine will only make you thirstier.

3.Select non-carbonated brands. Drinking carbonated water is really no different than drinking a diet soda. Instead, pick flavored water that is as close to regular water as possible.

4.Find brands that have added vitamins. If you’re going to drink water, it might as well have added benefits. You may find water that has B vitamins or vitamin C. Choose a brand that offers the benefits you’re looking for.

5.Choose clear flavored waters. Colored water may catch your eye and remind you of fruity flavors, but added colors are unnecessary. Don’t let these bright colors fool you. They taste no different than the clear brand, but artificial colors are unhealthy

Read more: How to Choose Healthy Flavored Water | eHow.com http://http://www.ehow.com/how_4550328_choose-healthy-flavored-water.html
  • sjbotkin
    Options
    I HATE water! If I were a pioneer, I would be DEAD on the old Oregon Trail from dehydration. I'm going to try the Crystal Light add-ins.... but they are sooooooooo expensive, I find myself hoarding them!
  • jaitken_22
    jaitken_22 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions - I've not heard of Crystal Light, I think it must be sold outwith the UK. I drink Perfectly Clear (flavoured) water which is sugar free and about 3 calories per glass and lovely. I have been fooled before with Volvic flavoured water as sugar free and normal flavoured water both look alike on the packaging but you have to look out for sugar free. I have started to drink 2x 500mls of plain, still water at work instead of 1 bottle (which I didn't always finish) and at home I drink sugar free flavoured drinks for variety. I have paid more attention to the quantity of sugar in food and drink as my mum is diabetic and it's amazing what you find in the small print!