Ladies, odd but serious question??

Options

Replies

• Amberlynnek
    Amberlynnek Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Probably TMI, but I don't wear underwear while working out. If they're not there, they can't creep up and make me uncomfortable while I'm finding endorphin bliss.

+1, A good pair of running shorts come with a built in liner
  • smarionette
    smarionette Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    All you ladies wearing cotton, I don't know how you do it. Cotton + sweat = EWW! I don't want that in my nethers.

Commando is nice as long as the bottoms are designed for it because the fabric of my leggings is designed to breathe. Usually though I wear some sort of seamless microfiber like the champion ones you can find at target for like $7 a pair. Much less swampy, and less chaffing from soggy cotton.
  • HWeatherholt
    HWeatherholt Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Probably TMI, but I don't wear underwear while working out. If they're not there, they can't creep up and make me uncomfortable while I'm finding endorphin bliss.

This!

The only time I wear underwear while working out is during TOM. And then, I wear a thong (new favorite is from UA) and a panty liner as backup.
  • BCott1
    BCott1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi all -- personally I prefer not to wear underwear at all, but I am a huge NIKE, MIZUNO spandex fan & most of those spandex pants and shorts accommodate your private area with additional fabric, so you are comfortable.

I've been a multi-sport athlete for over 2 decades & didn't start the commando spandex thing until NCAA Volleyball & it is the BEST. You don't have to worry about movement restrictions in any direction & thats the most important thing in my opinion - freedom to enhance flexibility, strength, multilateral executions & safety by moving without restrictions. I've tried women's briefs, bikinis & thongs & I would say -- the best is **Spandex pants or shorts, No undewear** If you're not in to spandex, you're not able to wash your spandex everyday, or you don't have a weeks worth of different spandex , I'd suggest you wear a style that is looser than a thong & make sure its a breathable fabric. I hope this was helpful.
    -B
  • emmanap91
    emmanap91 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I never wear thongs. They aren't comfortable at all to me. It's a massive wedgie to me personally. I like wearing boy shorts when I work out, and I can rock some bikini bottoms if necessary.

I can't do thongs, g-strings, or granny panties during a workout or in everyday life.

This.
    I don't usually wear clothes that show underwear lines, so my cotton bikinis are perfect for every day and for workouts.

I used to force myself to wear thongs because I'd heard that guys found them sexy. Then I realized the amount of people who even see my underwear other than myself is zero or next to zero. After that, I started wearing cotton bikinis all the time - and then I met a guy, and he saw me in my cotton bikini underwear and still thought I was sexy. We now live together.
  • elsie0o0
    elsie0o0 Posts: 59 Member
    Options

Same here, especially because a lot of shorts have a liner
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    100% cotton bikinis/low-rise

I'm at the gym, I don't give a rat's *kitten* about panty lines :P
    What matters is that I stay comfortable, wedgie free, and there's no funkyness going on down there

^this
  • Emmielou07
    Options
    Yes that is what I was going to suggest...cotton is better for your privates to breath...I also use panty liners which help absorb moisture...to help in many ways....Always are the best I have found...
  • steelerkelly
    steelerkelly Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Cotton...OMG I couldn't even imagine working out in a thong (aka stink string)
  • surfinbird_1981
    surfinbird_1981 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    none.
    at all.

unless it's.... you know. red week.

ain't nobody got time for dat.

:wink:

:laugh: I don't know why I found this so funny
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    THIS...
    100% cotton bikinis/low-rise

I'm at the gym, I don't give a rat's *kitten* about panty lines :P
    What matters is that I stay comfortable, wedgie free, and there's no funkyness going on down there
  • Caroline244
    Caroline244 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I agree with a previous poster where you don't necessarily have to wear undies with some workout shorts. However, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the hipster panties by Moving Comfort; they keep me dry, cool, wick sweat (let's be honest, we all sweat!), and don't really move on me. They aren't cotton, which I find to just hold heat and moisture; they're more like a super lightweight material like a thin swimsuit material, so they're soft and don't chafe. I wash them, but hang them to dry.

Are there panty lines? Yes. Do I care? No...and why is there such a war on panty lines anyway? :tongue: Happy shopping!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    I never wear thongs. They aren't comfortable at all to me. It's a massive wedgie to me personally.

I can't do thongs, g-strings, or granny panties during a workout or in everyday life.

^^ this

Since I work out in the privacy of my home, I generally just throw on a pair of workout shorts and don't bother with underwear.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Boy shorts, and yes I probably have panty lines, and no I don't really care.
  • silverstarrlyte
    silverstarrlyte Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Depends. When I run I either wear the shorts that have built in undies, they breathe. But I also like to go commando when running in certain shorts. Just feels good... Now if I am working out, then I prefer bikinis that stay in place. No thongs, no boy shorts or anything that binds. Just normal bikinis.
  • WonderWhitney11
    WonderWhitney11 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I tried some of those Under Armour undies... not the thongs but the "cheeky" ones... and I was actually disappointed for the first time ever in UA. They claim one size fits "athletes"... my bum must not be athlete enough because they were too tight and kept rolling down on the sides. I had high hopes for them too! I tend to sweat a lot and was looking forward to moisture-wicking undies to keep me more comfortable. So far the best I've found are cotton boy shorts! Or Victoria's Secret "yoga" panties... they're a little warm (to me), but they're comfy. :)
  • ebilwabbit
    Options
    Running underwear! They're boyshorts, but a breathable material meant to wick away moisture and they stay put better than cotton which deforms when wet. I love the seamless boyshort, but there are loads of other styles if your booty is smaller and less prone to undies creep.

http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/womensapparel/womensbaselayers/
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'm apparently the odd ball here. I pretty much only ever wear thongs, even to workout in. A well fitting pair doesn't bother me at all, whether I'm squatting or just doing cardio. Also, Under Armor came out with thongs that are super comfy and well fit so they don't move around much and show no lines. Panty lines are never cool.

Occasionally I don't wear any, if I'm wearing running shorts that have the built-in panties.
  • yagmuzqui
    yagmuzqui Posts: 2
    Options
    I only wear thongs. I hate all others. I workout everyday and never had any problem. Get no stitch polyester and nylon underwear. Noting can be more comfortable.
  • shawannajames
    shawannajames Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I don't wear any to exercise in. Before I thought that big cotton briefs were the way to go, but when you get moving they also end up being uncomfortable.