Goal Rewards

Options
So I know my progress ticker says I'm at 144 lbs and started at 145 lbs, but I started my way to a healthy lifestyle at 148 lbs this summer. This means that the next pound I lose will be my 5 lbs down mark! (:

Every 5 lbs I lose, I would like to reward myself with something special. My first reward is going to be a group Pilates class at a great studio I found which I'm beyond excited about!

Since I only have a MAX of 20 lbs to lose, I don't get to reward myself that often with just weight. So I've made other fitness goals so I can have an excuse to treat myself (: Like running 2 miles without walking, completing a 3 minute plank without breaks, doing 50 push ups, losing a 1/2 - 1" off my waist/hips, etc.

SO with my weight loss goals and my endless list of fitness goals I need some more reward ideas!

Does anyone else do rewards for goals, if so I would love to hear what some of your rewards are!

Replies

• Giddyduck
    Giddyduck Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I have done smaller reward goals for the same type of things.
    My rewards were getting new workout clothes-one peice at a time. This was an excellent reward as I was able to start to see my body changing. I was wearing big baggy sweats and have transitioned over the more fitted yoga style.

My largerewards I am doing for finishing 2 different 8 week challenges and hitting a healthy BMI
    The first is skydiving (going on July 26)
    The second is hot air balloon ride-not scheduled yet

Both are meaningful for me as I am getting close-closer to goal
  • EmmGriffith652
    Options
    Those are great ideas! My boyfriend and I have been talking how we've wanted to try skydiving. I've never been on a hot air balloon ride either! And I am always up to reward myself with any type of clothing, so that's always an idea (:

Thanks!
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I'm one pound away from my second goal.
    I'm splurging at the Victoria's Secret sale today on new workout gear. Got an awesome sports bra (that actually fits! I've never found a comfy one that fits!) for only $18 yesterday. So I'm allowing myself some nice workout gear as a reward, and to only motivate me to keep going (and look cute while I'm doing it!)
  • bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I reward myself with fitness gear after certain amounts of time - so after my first week of not missing any workouts, I bought some nice ankle socks, and after my first year, I got a personal trainer. (With various treats between those two, obviously.)

It's been nearly three years, and I compete in a gear-intensive sport now. My next reward is going to have to be a bigger gym bag.
  • EmmGriffith652
    Options
    I actually just got a sports bra at Victoria Secret as well. I thought it would be a good way to spend my gift card I had there (: I love it! It fits likes a glove and the girls look quite good in it if I do say so myself (; I definitely wouldn't be opposed to rewarding myself with another one!
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I actually just got a sports bra at Victoria Secret as well. I thought it would be a good way to spend my gift card I had there (: I love it! It fits likes a glove and the girls look quite good in it if I do say so myself (; I definitely wouldn't be opposed to rewarding myself with another one!

Their yoga pant are also dirt cheap right now too! I saw pairs for around the $20 range, and their capris were only $30.