Breakfast ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Everyday breakfast for me is a milkshake, up to 200ml of milk, 50g of oats and a banana blended together. I vary the quantities depending on hunger, thirst and plans for the rest of the day.
  • josparkle
    josparkle Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Poached eggs with 1 slice of grilled thin ham, spinach & mushrooms, crispbakes on the side
    Crispbakes topped with quark, smoked ham & red pepper
    Grapefuit, melon, grapes & strawberries with yogurt & toasted oats
    Rye toast with quark and fruit spread
  • tinkbaby101
    tinkbaby101 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Toast or an english muffin with some avocado and an egg over-easy on top. Quinoa, vanilla greek yogurt, and fruit parfait (my favorite). Oatmeal with any number of add-ins. My favorites are chocolate chips or peanut butter. Bacon and eggs with salsa, wrapped in a whole-wheat tortilla.
  • clomidgirl
    Options
    I made an amazing smoothiethis morning, which kept me full till lunch! a few strawberries, natural fat free yoghurt, semi skim milk, bananas and oats...honey if you want it sweeter, and blend. Perfect! (125 calories per 245ml glass)
  • quzly
    quzly Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My breakfast this week has been:
    Egg White Scramble: 1/2 C Egg whites, 1 whole egg, fat-free cheddar, low sodium ham
    1/2 Protein Waffle with 2 strawberries and chocolate hazelnut butter
    *Protein waffle I make with Kodiak Cake mix and a scoop of protein powder.

My other go to recipe is this one from skinnymom

https://www.skinnymom.com/2014/01/15/skinny-quiche/

I've made it with half a sautéed potato or added steamed asparagus. It has great flavor and very low cal.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I'm a breakfast cheater. I eat the Lean Cuisine Egg White, Canadian Bacon and Cheese sandwiches for breakfast. I really like them and the only thing that is "woah" about them is the sodium. 180 calories, 13g protein - I have fruit or a protein shake with it. Works for me. :)
  • katematt313
    katematt313 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    bare bones broccoli and egg "frittata":

spray a small nonstick pan with pam (or you could use olive oil or butter). turn heat on high. throw in chopped broccoli (add salt and pepper and some garlic powder) and a couple of teaspoons of water, and cook for a minute or two until broccoli softens, water evaporates. whisk two eggs. add them to the pan. turn heat to medium. stir. cook until eggs are solid. eat. its really good.

208 calories, 7 grams of carbs (mostly fiber), 13 grams of fat, 17 grams protein, 200 grams sodium.
  • robinmmurphy3
    robinmmurphy3 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    1/2 a Franz sandwich thin
    I Can't Believe its Not Butter Spray - a few sprays
    2 TBS shredded parmesan cheese
    2 slices canadian bacon
    tomato slices

toast the bun in a frying pan with parmesan on top until cheese is melty, top with canadian bacon and tomato slices. YUM! And under 200 calories!
  • Greeneyedgrl_24
    Greeneyedgrl_24 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have this breakfast when I know I am going to be working a LOOOONG day and it literally keeps me satisfied ALL day.

2 over easy eggs
    1 100 calorie Multigrain English muffin (Thomas)
    1 wedge of laughing cow cheese (Garlic and herb is my fave)
    1 1/2-2 cups of spinach and baby kale mix

Less than 300 calories and really keeps me going.

I also like 100 Calorie Muscle Milk in vanilla, love that stuff!!! sooo filling!
  • rebprest
    rebprest Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    My favorite, and this will fill you way up, is 1 pack of instant oatmeal+1/8 cup of quinoa+1/4 cup walnuts and fresh blueberries. You get a little bit of everything and it is so delicious.

A veggie omelete with bell peppers mushrooms and ham is also good!

Can't go wrong with a smoothie and a slice of peanut butter toast either. Ok...so breakfast is my favorite meal of the day
  • fallingken
    fallingken Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    2 eggs, 2 toast, 1 oz of cheddar cheese, some HP sauce. If available, a couple slices of bacon or a sausage patty. Throw in a large cup of coffee and i'm good until lunch, and I still lose weight
  • paymentm
    paymentm Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with dried fruit like apples, apricots or prunes in it
  • arielnorth237
    arielnorth237 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    If your thinking about eating out:
    I went to Denny's a couple of days ago. I got the "Choose your own grand slam"
    4 servings of egg whites and 4 slices of turkey bacon for 200 calories!!!
    It was delicious! I LOVE EGGWHITES and try to incorporate them into my diet often. At 17 calories per serving with alot of protein why not! :-D

I try to stay away from simple carbs. They make me hungry.
  • DanielAdams3
    Options
    Mine is
    27g oatmeal
    1 banana
    15g of hazelnut spear mixed in

286 cals
    47 carbs
    7 fat
    30 sugar
    Great to keep you going
  • 23crizzle
    23crizzle Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love the no cook refrigerated oatmeal.

throw in a mason jar:

1/2 cup rolled oats (not steal cut or instant)
    10 grams chia seeds
    1/3 cup greek plain yogurt
    1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
    2 teaspoons agave nectar (or honey)
    shake well
    stir in any fruit or nuts you want
    refrigerate overnight

Delish!