Replies

• shrinkingmichelle
    shrinkingmichelle Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    TROLL 3rd thread today Nothing filled out in the profile. :(
  • kcmcd
    kcmcd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3'' and 128 pounds........am I thin, normal, or fat?
    What?

And, you're 128 trying to lose 18 pounds at 5 ft. 3?

Something is off here.

110 would still be normal for her height, she may have a small frame of very little muscle mass

All my guy friends tell me I should lose weight and when I ask how much they say 110, girls I know say 100 but I think that's not healthy for me.

Sweetheart - you need new friends.
  • da_bears1008
    da_bears1008 Posts: 354
    Options
    too much...
  • mjdmom5
    mjdmom5 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Um, she said she just started. Not everyone fills out a profile right away.
  • Limeycat
    Limeycat Posts: 249 Member
    Options

All my guy friends tell me I should lose weight and when I ask how much they say 110, girls I know say 100 but I think that's not healthy for me.

Sounds to me like you need some new friends!
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    What?

Something is off here.

110 would still be normal for her height, she may have a small frame of very little muscle mass

110 would not necessarily be too thin for your height (depending on how muscular you are), but 100 would definitely be.
    Bear in mind that girls lie all the time about their weight, and most guys have no idea how much girls should weigh.
    Decide for yourself what your fitness goals should be.
    I'm surprised that at 25 your friends are focusing so much on the number. That seems more like high school/college behavior to me, but maybe I am just old.

So much this. (Although it is NOT college behavior, at least not in my college. In my college, people don't really give a flying heck how much one weighs - they're more worried about their finals lol..)

I know someone who is much bigger than I was when I was 220 lbs. If I had to wager a guess, I'd guess 240. Although, I'd never guess with her around or out loud to anyone we know, either. She says she's 220, and I just nod. Women do this. I don't know why. I couldn't tell you why. But they do. So, that 100 lb girl could easily be 110 lbs.
  • da_bears1008
    da_bears1008 Posts: 354
    Options
    What?

Something is off here.

I thought all men hated you and thought you were ugly?
  • RadioGames
    RadioGames Posts: 24
    Options

Are you healthy? Are you happy? Is your body able to do what you want it to do?

I outweigh many people who I am smaller than. It doesn't make me better or worse than them. It doesn't make anyone who loves me love me more or less. Or me them.

I'm sorry hearing what someone else weighs made you worry. It's a weird thing to try and be competitive over. You don't have to buy into it.

Thanks....I actually thought I was healthy and thin until some people put down my weight and i started to really focus on it. I am easily influenced.
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    <- I'm 5'3" and 135 lbs in both of these pictures.

How much you weigh tells us very little about whether you are thin/normal/fat. There are TONS of other things that matter more, like how your clothes fit, how you feel when you look in the mirror, how much body fat vs muscle that you carry. Don't let a number on the scale define you -- everyone is different and what works for one girl will not work for another. It doesn't matter how much OTHERS think you should weigh - you should be doing what's right for you :)
  • penny0919
    penny0919 Posts: 123 Member
    Options

You are none of the above. You are a human being with emotions and feelings.

None of those three words define who you are. Don't let others do it either.

You are what you are, and your soul tells you whether you are ok with who/what you are.

The validation from others doesn't mean ****. They don't walk in your shoes, pay your bills, carry your water pail, etc.

Fsunami

Beautiful
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    What?

Something is off here.

I thought all men hated you and thought you were ugly?

For anyone wondering...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1316217-why-i-feel-unattractive

Please stop OP.
    tumblr_m33u1yraQ11qk8t2to1_500.gif
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    What?

Something is off here.

if they are saying that then they are not your friends sorry.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Would need pictures to judge.

Weight means nothing my friend.

True. For reference, those are roughly my numbers (within 1-2 pounds,) and this is me
    <

You look thin to me. I want to be thin, and I want people to think I'm thin....so yes I know BMI says I'm just normal but I guess I posted this to find out what people generally think...I don't have a recent full body photo but I'll take one this weekend when I'm hanging out with some friends.

I'm so sorry.

I guess I am quite influenced by people around me...everyone else wanting to be thin...I actually used to think I was thin....a girl I knew asked my weight and I said 120 pounds which was my weight then...and she was like oh i'm 100 pounds, same height, you weigh a lot. So now I'm kind of questioning...I used to think I was pretty thin and that most people weighed more...now I see that people might consider me as having a curvy body (not just chest and butt but all around big)

Wait. Some girl said "you weigh a lot" and now you are questioning whether you are thin or not?

You're not old enough to use this site, please go to sparkteens.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options

True. For reference, those are roughly my numbers (within 1-2 pounds,) and this is me
    <

You look thin to me. I want to be thin, and I want people to think I'm thin....so yes I know BMI says I'm just normal but I guess I posted this to find out what people generally think...I don't have a recent full body photo but I'll take one this weekend when I'm hanging out with some friends.

I'm so sorry.

I guess I am quite influenced by people around me...everyone else wanting to be thin...I actually used to think I was thin....a girl I knew asked my weight and I said 120 pounds which was my weight then...and she was like oh i'm 100 pounds, same height, you weigh a lot. So now I'm kind of questioning...I used to think I was pretty thin and that most people weighed more...now I see that people might consider me as having a curvy body (not just chest and butt but all around big)

Wait. Some girl said "you weigh a lot" and now you are questioning whether you are thin or not?

Because troll...She makes it all up. None of it is true. She finds this fun for some reason?
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options

<

I'm so sorry.

Because troll...She makes it all up. None of it is true. She finds this fun for some reason?

Yes, you're right. I just realized who this is. I'm a little slow on the uptake this morning. :laugh:

Have at it, Troll!! :drinker:

Also, no pics? Not even of your "$700 blouse" that you probably got for $12 at Forever 21?
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options

<

I'm so sorry.

Yes, you're right. I just realized who this is. I'm a little slow on the uptake this morning. :laugh:

Have at it, Troll!! :drinker:

Also, no pics? Not even of your "$700 blouse" that you probably got for $12 at Forever 21?

It might have gotten stolen by her neighbor in the laundry room at her apt building.
  • RadioGames
    RadioGames Posts: 24
    Options
    not even going to bother responding to people saying i'm a troll when i come here and genuinely ask things.
    fortunately most people here are nice!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I knew that would come. Then again people do stuff like this thinking it is funny. What to believe?
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Yes. You are one of the above.
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options

<

I'm so sorry.

I guess I am quite influenced by people around me...everyone else wanting to be thin...I actually used to think I was thin....a girl I knew asked my weight and I said 120 pounds which was my weight then...and she was like oh i'm 100 pounds, same height, you weigh a lot. So now I'm kind of questioning... I used to think I was pretty thin and that most people weighed more...now I see that people might consider me as having a curvy body (not just chest and butt but all around big)

Step 1: Don't do that.

There is no Step 2. You are fine. Focus on fitness, looking and feeling your best. Set realistic goals for yourself, and screw what anyone else thinks. What do you want to do? How do you want to feel? They aren't the one's running the miles or lifting the weights, so they don't matter. And don't listen to that kind of nonsense...she was probably lying about her weight anyhow.