OVER NIGHT OATS - less than 100cals per serving!

Options
Amy01Liz
Amy01Liz Posts: 73 Member
Just wanted to share a low-cal recipe I have been using for overnight oats....

1.5 Cups of raw oats
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almod milk
1 Tbsp PB2
1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
a heafty dash of cinnamon (I say 1tsp)

Mix all together and let sit over... serves 4!

My recipe builder calculates this at 85cals per serving! Of course you can add more PB2 of you love peanut butter or even add fruit for a little more extra cals! Its a great mid morning snack! Hope yall enjoy! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• koosorlose
    koosorlose Posts: 186
    Options
    loooooooooooooove these things!!!!!! and you can make them on sunday for the entire week! that's the kinda breakfast i like.
  • Amy01Liz
    Options
    me too girl...I used to make them in individual containers then realized how much time I saved making them in one big container and scooping out what I need for the day... HELLLOOOOO somebody! Made my life easier! :wink:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Eh that's a tiny amount of food if it makes 4 servings...
  • NS81
    NS81 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried overnight oats, but keep hearing a ton about them... so you eat them cold? I know, probably a dumb question... and another lol... how long does one batch last? I saw you make them Sunday for the week - so what you make on Sunday is still good by Friday?
  • Francl27
    Options
    I haven't tried overnight oats, but keep hearing a ton about them... so you eat them cold? I know, probably a dumb question... and another lol... how long does one batch last? I saw you make them Sunday for the week - so what you make on Sunday is still good by Friday?

Doubtful. But it takes no time to prepare and will be good the next day anyway so you can just make one serving at a time.

I'm not a fan, personally.
  • Muzica1959
    Muzica1959 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Is the recipe in the MFP database? It should be. Can't wait to try this one.
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Eh that's a tiny amount of food if it makes 4 servings...

Yeah, That's more like one serving.
  • Amberlynnek
    Amberlynnek Posts: 405 Member
    Options

Yes you eat them cold. They are pretty good and take on a pudding consistency. As long as you have the oats and milk (some recipes call for greek yogurt as well), you can mix in whatever you want. A personal favorite of mine is raspberry, chopped pistachio, chia seeds and honey. If you just google overnight oats you will find a ton of different ideas.

Don't rely on the MFP database, make sure you are building this each time you make it if your ingredients change.
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    What is PB2? A low-fat peanut butter?
  • Itskaleena
    Itskaleena Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    What's the serving size?
  • Itskaleena
    Itskaleena Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    What is PB2? A low-fat peanut butter?

It's a low fat and calorie powered peanut butter.
    Search bell plantation pb2.
    :) It's very good but not as good as the real stuff
  • Cari_n_Jax
    Cari_n_Jax Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Definitely going to give this a try... Thank you!
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    That would be a tiny, non-satisfying amount of food for me. This cannot be 4 servings IMO.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    So that's a snack what's actually for breakfast? That recipe is really for one not four which at 340 calories would be perfectly acceptable.

Not saying its a bad recipe but portion wise very questionable
  • Francl27
    Options

1.5 Cups of raw oats
    1 Tbsp PB2
    1 Tbsp Brown Sugar

My recipe builder calculates this at 85cals per serving! Of course you can add more PB2 of you love peanut butter or even add fruit for a little more extra cals! Its a great mid morning snack! Hope yall enjoy! :flowerforyou:

To nippick..

1.5 cup of oats = 450 calories
    1 cup almond milk = 40 calories
    1 tbsp PB2 = 23 calories
    1 tbsp brown sugar = 45 calories
    Total = 558 calories

Even if you do get 4 servings out of it (I'd say... more like 2/3), that wouldn't be 100 calories each. Unless you're using oats that somehow have less than 150 calories for 1/2 cup (40g).
  • veggie_jilly
    Options
    Serves 4 what? Toddlers? Cats? :laugh:

Sounds tasty but I'd eat the whole thing. Probably with sliced banana on top.
  • Amy01Liz
    Options
    correction...

MILK - 40
    PB2 - 23
    CINNAMON - 8
    OATS - 375

SERVING 4 is 123 calories...

I messed up on the oats.. but its actually a decent size snack. That is the whole purpose of a "SNACK" and it wont break you calorie bank where just only 2 tbsp of regular PB is 200+ cals!

Heck if your so inclined.. make into 2 servings! it would only be 246 cals! Still very satisfying at one serving for me though. I didnt say it would feed an army... its a mid morning snack :)
  • Amy01Liz
    Options

1.5 Cups of raw oats
    1 Tbsp PB2
    1 Tbsp Brown Sugar

To nippick..

1.5 cup of oats = 450 calories
    1 cup almond milk = 40 calories
    1 tbsp PB2 = 23 calories
    1 tbsp brown sugar = 45 calories
    Total = 558 calories

Even if you do get 4 servings out of it (I'd say... more like 2/3), that wouldn't be 100 calories each. Unless you're using oats that somehow have less than 150 calories for 1/2 cup (40g).

And yes the oats I use is 150cals exactly for 1/2 cup!