Ladies, odd but serious question??

Options

Replies

• sarainiowa
    sarainiowa Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I don't wear any. I just don't need to deal with panty issues while I'm sweaty.
  • swalberg0625
    swalberg0625 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi all -- personally I prefer not to wear underwear at all, but I am a huge NIKE, MIZUNO spandex fan & most of those spandex pants and shorts accommodate your private area with additional fabric, so you are comfortable.

I've been a multi-sport athlete for over 2 decades & didn't start the commando spandex thing until NCAA Volleyball & it is the BEST. You don't have to worry about movement restrictions in any direction & thats the most important thing in my opinion - freedom to enhance flexibility, strength, multilateral executions & safety by moving without restrictions. I've tried women's briefs, bikinis & thongs & I would say -- the best is **Spandex pants or shorts, No undewear** If you're not in to spandex, you're not able to wash your spandex everyday, or you don't have a weeks worth of different spandex , I'd suggest you wear a style that is looser than a thong & make sure its a breathable fabric. I hope this was helpful.
    -B

Very helpful. Thanks. I was thinking that I should buy some underwear that is comfortable to work out in, but right now I just wear tight shorts w/o anything. I workout at home so panty lines aren't an issue. It's more comfort than anything.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I always wear thongs for working out. Maybe it's the way I'm built, or maybe I haven't been buying the right sizes but I find any other style gives me massive wedgies (any time I wear them, not just working out). I don't even notice thongs. Plus I don't like having panty lines.

I've worked out for a few years, and have never had any health issues because of wearing a thong. I just change out of it after working out - but I'd do this with regular underwear anyway, because who likes sitting in sweaty underwear for longer than necessary lol.
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I'm apparently the odd ball here. I pretty much only ever wear thongs, even to workout in. A well fitting pair doesn't bother me at all, whether I'm squatting or just doing cardio. Also, Under Armor came out with thongs that are super comfy and well fit so they don't move around much and show no lines. Panty lines are never cool.

I agree with the thongs.
    All these commando posts just makes me envision a bunch of ladies at the gym with camel toes!
  • swalberg0625
    swalberg0625 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I always wear thongs for working out. Maybe it's the way I'm built, or maybe I haven't been buying the right sizes but I find any other style gives me massive wedgies (any time I wear them, not just working out). I don't even notice thongs. Plus I don't like having panty lines.

I've worked out for a few years, and have never had any health issues because of wearing a thong. I just change out of it after working out - but I'd do this with regular underwear anyway, because who likes sitting in sweaty underwear for longer than necessary lol.

Yes I agree, I think thongs/G- strings are way more comfortable than anything else. Boy shorts hug my cheeks too much and bikinis make everything feel restricted. I workout at home so I didn't mention in my first post but usually just wear shorts w/o anything else
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Seems I'm in the minority. I always wear a thong (under my yoga pants) for every workout. Going commando leaves my woo vulnerable to chafing and who wants that? I wear stretchy, soft cotton thongs and I have never had a wedgie. It's nice not having to worry about unattractive panty lines. On occasion I have to make sure I'm not sporting a whale tail when I'm stretching out after my workouts. Other than that, it works for me. :)
  • 1saturn
    1saturn Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Honestly I either wear a thong or no knickers. When I wear normal undies I get visible panty line really bad. I have quite a big bum too so it's very obvious and noticeable.
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I have 2 spanx-esque brief cut pairs that I love to wear while lifting. They sort of tuck things in and pull up nice and high. I've never worn a thong as I can't imagine that being comfortable day-to-day, nvm lifting.
  • beleeLafter
    Options
    Probably TMI, but I don't wear underwear while working out. If they're not there, they can't creep up and make me uncomfortable while I'm finding endorphin bliss.

THIS!

It's just unnecessary fabric getting in the way of my groove :P
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I wear old lady cotton ones. No shame.

I don't give a crap what my butt looks like on the treadmill. They're comfy.

Not working out, that's another story.
  • amymwp
    amymwp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I wear work out shorts with built in panties for cardio and lifting and no panties with yoga pants.
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Not usual to wear different ones in the gym, I wear boxer briefs, not loose cotton boxers I wear all day at the office.

Bonus: they help keep your junk nice and secure as well!

I'm gonna pick up some of the wicking ones next week.
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    I never wear thongs. They aren't comfortable at all to me. It's a massive wedgie to me personally. I like wearing boy shorts when I work out, and I can rock some bikini bottoms if necessary.

I can't do thongs, g-strings, or granny panties during a workout or in everyday life.

+1

+1 I recently bought a couple pairs of the Under Armour 'cheekies' and I'm really liking those.
  • Bklyn_Beauty
    Bklyn_Beauty Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I don't wear any. Just my leggings. Can't find anything comfortable.
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Bikinis and boy briefs work best for me (seamless). A lot depends on what type of workout bottoms I'm wearing (capris/shorts/etc). I do have some nice Nike, Asics, Under Armor workout bottoms that have built in undies made with moisture-wicking material, I go without in those.

Bottom line, everyone's cha-cha is different, some sweat more, some sweat less.
  • misanthropist319
    Options
    Probably TMI, but I don't wear underwear while working out. If they're not there, they can't creep up and make me uncomfortable while I'm finding endorphin bliss.

I buy gym shorts that have a kind of built in underwear, sort of. Gap sells them. They're pretty comfortable and you don't have to worry about anyone seeing up your shorts.
  • beckytcy
    beckytcy Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I would def not wear a thong when working out. You can get chafing ora UTI. I wear special workout underwear from target. C9 brand. I think they are called hipster style. Super comfy but not all that flattering. Still I'll take comfort and health with vpl over an infection any day.

Sorry. But you won't get a UTI from a thong. Chafing, perhaps thrush (sweat and non cotton can contribute) but a UTI is caused by germs getting up into your urethra. Not gonna happen from wearing a thong.
    Its like saying you can catch STIs from toilet seats.

Not to be gross, but UTIs come from bacteria that is in fecal matter. Wearing a thing while working out with lots of movement and sweating could move that bacteria into the lady parts. See doctors quotes on this topic here:http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4026307/
  • Persian99
    Persian99 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I really don't care about anyone seeing my panty line when I'm working out. Who cares? If there is any time in your life where you should be able to just let loose and not give two craps about your personal appearance, it should be when you're working out.

That being said, either I wear bikini underwear or I go commando when I exercise. That decision is made out of comfort, not vanity.
  • ajmaupin
    ajmaupin Posts: 44
    Options
    boy shorts all the way....
  • katlynrose85
    Options

Same here. Doesn't seem to bother me to not wear any. Although I pretty much hate underwear in general. I wear it at work, thats bout it!