My it works wraps

Options
mi2mina
mi2mina Posts: 24 Member
Has anyone tried those my it wraps? someone i know is a distributor , did it work for anyone, i have doen it for 3 months and havent seen very much change

Replies

• miss_phat_booty
    Options
    I haven't tried it but honestly those things dont work at all.
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried those my it wraps? someone i know is a distributor , did it work for anyone, i have doen it for 3 months and havent seen very much change
    :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • Persian99
    Persian99 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You can't lose body fat from the outside. There's no science to support anything that crazy. Unless you plan on having fat surgically removed, there are no shortcuts for weight loss.
  • livityliv
    livityliv Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think you answered your own question. If you've been doing it for three months and haven't seen a change, it probably doesn't work...
  • NerdyAdventurer
    NerdyAdventurer Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    You can't lose body fat from the outside. There's no science to support anything that crazy. Unless you plan on having fat surgically removed, there are no shortcuts for weight loss.

THIS
  • IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    IIIIISerenityNowIIIII Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    It isn't meant to get rid of fat, it is meant to smooth out loose skin.

That said I haven't used it just info I gathered from the It Works web site.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    They just dehydrate you - you might as well go in the sauna for the same result. Only thing they are any good for is a special occasion where you may want to drop 'temporary' inches.
  • Polishprinsezz
    Polishprinsezz Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    gimmick! the lose weight quick with magic beans,potions and gimmicks is a big money maker. alot of people want the magic cure and not actually work for their weightloss. sigh...
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I used one of those things a few years ago...it was free so I just figured why not. Plus I was young(er) and dumb lol. I didn't lose any weight, but the cellulite on the back of my legs disappeared for a few hours. IMO it's not a solution for weight loss at all, neither a short term nor long term. I don't see it being a long term solution for cellulite, but maybe if you had some event or something and just wanted the cellulite smoothed out a bit it might help? Although I've heard wrapping your legs in used ground coffee does the same thing. I've never paid for a wrap since I didn't really get anything out of it and after doing some research learned that the whole concept is basic baloney anyway. Plus, they're kinda pricey.

Last thing: if you read in the small print they also claim that in order to see results you need to eat healthy and exercise (it also probably says something along the lines of these results not typical). For most of the success stories on their website, the people would have got the exact same results without the wraps just from eating less and exercising.
  • MammaMouse
    MammaMouse Posts: 52
    Options
    I am a former distributor. Honestly? They're not even technically allowed to claim it helps with inch loss, because it doesn't. It's water weight.

Skin though? I will openly say that I noticed a tremendous difference in terms of loose skin. I am a mom and I was plus sized while pregnant, so loose skin at the bottom of my belly was the bane of my existence for a while. It's gone. Sure, there's still flub and chub there, but no more excess. I'm totally going to give the wraps a try once I start to notice loose skin as I lose weight.
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Someone I knew from my high school days is now a distributor and keeps pushing it over her facebook. I can't imagine it is more than a money making scheme the just temporarily gets rid of water weight. I know enough about science to know it is just a waste of money
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    It isn't meant to get rid of fat, it is meant to smooth out loose skin.
    It doesn't do that either. Unless you're thinking that the wrap keeps loose skin from flapping around.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    They just dehydrate you - you might as well go in the sauna for the same result. Only thing they are any good for is a special occasion where you may want to drop 'temporary' inches.

Yeah I heard those things dehydrate you too so you lose some temporary inches. Maybe good if you are getting married or a special date but it's certainly not going to be a permanent loss.
  • blkane1984
    blkane1984 Posts: 23
    Options
    I am a 54 yo woman and I have used them on my neck and stomach. I was very pleased with the results. I have a family member who is a distributor. I bought the wraps to be supportive. I can say from personal experience they DO in fact tighten up skin and give you a temporary lift. It is not a permanent solution to loose skin but if you are looking to spiff up your appearance for a special occaision, they are great. Consistent use will maintain the lift. The products are botanical so are safe to use.

Oh, and they do not dehydrate anything. I don't mean to be contradictory. I imagine there are wraps on the market that do dehydrate. However, the It Works wraps aren't like that. The liquid has more of a toner/astringent quality. The wraps have a herbal scent. You can smell a touch of camphor in them as well.

I have a box of the facials at home right now. I was planning on trying one tonight. It Works also sells botanical supplements. I love the Fat Fighters. Take two after an indulgent meal and it helps minimize asorbtion of the fat in your digestive tract. As it is all plant based, there are no negative GI systems with these.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!