Fish Oil And Flax Seed Oil

Options
Just wanted to share something my doctor told me to do to speed up my metabolism--2000 mg of fish oil (make sure you get "burpless") and 1000 mg of flax seed oil daily--whenever--no need to eat before. This not only aids in metabolism, but is good for your heart to boot!

Replies

• tlboyer1
    tlboyer1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I recently started taking cayenne pepper supplements. I have heard they speed up metabolism and help burn calories. Just thought I'd add another recommendation.
  • Nevrmorluv
    Options
    Where do you buy your cayenne supplements? I have heard they are great, but can't find any in the local drug stores. I am taking cinnamon which seems to have helped.
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I do 1/2 tsp of ground flax seeds and 1/2 tsp of cinnamon on my oatmeal every morning... not sure what a 1/2 tsp would be in mg. I have been taking glucosamine chondroitin and fish oil for years for my knee pains (and it works), but recently I haven't been as good about taking those 2... and my knee pain is back. I need to get in gear again, and if fish oil speeds up the metabolism that's an added incentive. Thanks for sharing.
  • wtlw
    wtlw Posts: 10
    Options
    Walmart has cayenne pepper on line and I think you can buy it at GNC too. :)
  • secostley
    secostley Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    You can get cayenne at GNC. Flaxseed and fish oil are great. I take cod liver oil supplements--have for years. They're great for cold prevention too.

Try the flaxseed itself on salads and in shakes. Adds a nutty taste to the mix.
  • tlboyer1
    tlboyer1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    They also have Cayenne supplements at whole foods if you have one near you...they have just about any kind of supplement you're looking for there.