I'm AVOIDING gym memberships! Need home exercises!

Options
What are some exercises at home that I can do to LOSE and Tone? I am purchasing an elliptical machine for my home? I utilize my Wii ALOT! I want to shed about 40-50lbs in 100 days!

I want to tone my...THIGHS, ARMS AND BELLY!!! I am sooo ugly and fat! I have extra JIGGLE!!! :(

I've always struggled with extra jiggle :(

I am buying the biggest loser Wii game... and other recommendations... I stretch, do push-ups and crunches before work. Anything else?

THANK YOU!

Add me as a friend! :)

Replies

• MelleyJ
    MelleyJ Posts: 198
    Options
    If you go online to some of the prevention or fitness magazine websites you can usually find a lot of exercise routines that you can do at home with some resistance bands, weights, or even no equipment at all. They have lots of good ones out there. I printed out a lot of workouts and put them in a notebook and i can rotate through and change up my workouts. Good luck!
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I got some DVD's from a used book store that really helped, along with a couple cheap weights from target. I had an exercise ball, but still haven't looked into what to do with it enough. My biggest help lately is wii Zumba!
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    def a fitness ball and an ab wheel!
  • Jesseann
    Jesseann Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Don't call yourself ugly...you just see some things that you want to change and are doing what you need to do to change it. I would recommend a treadmill, that's what I have and I love it. If you're looking for something a little cost friendlier different workout tapes are good as well such as aerobics and step aerobics. Good luck on your journey...
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Beachbody DVDS. I am not a coach, but there are plenty here online that you can find and order from. Right now I am doing ChaLEAN Extreme---90 day weightlifting program and I mix it up with TurboJam for aerobics. They have P90x as well as other DVDs to choose from. The latest and hottest is TurboFire! I highly recommend them!
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    What are some exercises at home that I can do to LOSE and Tone? I am purchasing an elliptical machine for my home? I utilize my Wii ALOT! I want to shed about 40-50lbs in 100 days!

I want to tone my...THIGHS, ARMS AND BELLY!!! I am sooo ugly and fat! I have extra JIGGLE!!! :(

I've always struggled with extra jiggle :(

I am buying the biggest loser Wii game... and other recommendations... I stretch, do push-ups and crunches before work. Anything else?

THANK YOU!

Add me as a friend! :)

I love Just Dance 1&2 and the Wii Fit Plus. It's amazing how many calories you burn doing the cardio ones on Wii Fit and the dancing is soooooooo much fun on the Just Dance ones. I don't have any other games but have just taken delivery of Leslie Sansone 5 mile walk at home!!!! Going to give it a go either tonight or tomorrow (the full 5 miles will have to wait til the weekend!
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I've lost 43 pounds so far with mostly riding a bike. I see the biggest difference in my legs... no more saddle bags... yeah!!! I have the bike sitting in front of the TV. My rule is I have to ride if I wanna watch TV. I bet you could pick a used on up at a second hand store or yard sale.
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I do all of my exercising at home. Currently I am loving my kettlebells!! It is by FAR the best workout I have done - even better than Zumba! You can pick up kettlebells at Target, Walmart or order them online. Google Kettlebell workouts and take a look at what you can expect for calorie burn as well as toning. They are amazing!!
  • chelsiburnett
    Options
    I purchased p90x and am starting my 2nd week!!!! You see results in the the first week and it keeps your attention!!! Work outs usually around 1 hour maybe a little longer on some days!!! I really love it and it is only 90 days long...just in time for summer!! Good luck!
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels! You can definitely incorporate her into your workout on days you don't want to do cardio.. I've done her 30 day shred, yoga meltdown, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, and No More Trouble Zones.

30 Day Shred is more for losing inches rather than pounds and the same as No More Trouble Zones. But I found the Shred to definitely help me with my endurance and strength and always left me dying in a puddle of sweat! I like the Shred because it's only 30 minutes but effective and has 3 levels which increase with difficulty.

Banish Fat Boost Metabolism is using your own body to tone up. I really like this one.. it's 50 minutes long, warm up and cool down included. Yoga Meltdown is good on days you don't feel like going crazy but want to do something. It's 30 minutes as well and has two levels.

Good luck!
  • fitmom125
    Options
    I'm interested in home excercises too. I just started using the treadmill. I heard the p90x works for many people. I wanna add that you are not ugly and fat. You are a Nubian Queen with a few pounds to lose. With your positive attitude you'll be fine.
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Planks (front, side, and back) working up to 2 minutes, jumping lunges (they will make you SO sore, but man do they torch calories and tone!), tricep push-ups (make a triangle with your index fingers and thumbs, and proceed like a normal push-up), squats and ballerian squats (toes pointed outwards), dips and pull-ups... this is my basic toning routine, and you don't need a single piece of gym equipment for it! Add in hand weights and resistance bands as they get easier!
  • Monroe121
    Monroe121 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! I'm NOT ugly-- I just feel UGLY! It's hard to go out b/c I dislike my arms! So I always wear sleeves!
  • blazin_j
    Options
    Gym memberships are expensive and while they have nice equipment and amenities, there are other ways to lose weight and save money.

Go to your public library. They have some exercise DVDs you can rent for free.

Also, checkout YouTube.

Another free solution that works wonders in losing weight is in the bedroom, if you catch my drift. Best exercise ever, lol!

For a low cost solution, also checkout Netflix. They have hundreds of exercise DVDs you can rent at a reasonable cost. When you find one you really like, you can buy it in confidence and know you're not getting stuck with a lemon or something that is too easy or difficult.
  • CobraBubbles
    Options
    I had a gym membership at one point and nixed it because I find that I get better results at home. :)
    Your home can be your gym.

In my personal experience, what has done the most for both weight loss and shaping my body is definitely heavy weight lifting/resistance training. Even if you don't have weights at this time, things like body-weight squats, tricep dips, plank position, push-ups, etc, can make a huge difference in the way your body looks!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    do the REAL fitness challenge
  • blazin_j
    Options
    I want to shed about 40-50lbs in 100 days!

Exercise caution. Losing weight and keeping it off is best done slowly. It takes time and patience. Losing weight too quickly can be bad for your health, so my advice is to set more realistic goals.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    We just got a Wii Fitness Plus for Christmas and I am doing that
    all the time . I also have a recumbent bike.
    Sounds like you are doing it all. Good Luck.
    Can't think of anything else to tell ya.
  • mmnichol
    mmnichol Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Check this out, hope it helps!

http://www.nowloss.com/thankyou2.htm
  • thremoore
    thremoore Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been using P90X for the past two months and enjoy it. It is quite challenging. If you decide to do it, I'd suggest plugging into one or two of the beachbody forums for support. I've lost a few pounds and inches but also plan to repeat it throughout 2011. So it's not a 90 day workout for me. Oh, also follow the nutrition plan and eat clean. You'll see results faster.

Rodney Yee has good yoga tapes [GAIAM] too.

Good luck.

Theresa