Okay people, it's LOSE not LOOSE!!

Options
kelleybean1
kelleybean1 Posts: 312 Member
This is driving me crazy, you want to LOSE weight and don't want LOOSE skin. Get the spelling right FGS!

Replies

• jchadden42
    jchadden42 Posts: 189
    Options
    It's also My Fitness Pal, not My Grammar Pal.
  • joansjourney
    joansjourney Posts: 110
    Options
    While I agree.. life's too short to stress over other adults grammar and spelling.
  • loruhh93
    loruhh93 Posts: 6
    Options
    Right, some people make mistakes
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    I hate to say it but I agree. It's such a simple word. How sad that you can't spell a four-letter word properly.
  • mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    And that my darlings is your English lesson for today...lol
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    88611-beating-dead-horse-gif-South-P-ZqEc.gif
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    LOL, that one doesn't bother me as much as those who say wonder when they mean wander and vice-versa.
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    OK my pants are getting lose, from loosing wait on my waste. :laugh:
  • jchadden42
    jchadden42 Posts: 189
    Options
    I hate to say it but I agree. It's such a simple word. How sad that you can't spell a four-letter word properly.

It's not inability to spell, it's often lack of knowledge of which to use in certain context. Like knowing you're, your, or yore. English is an exceptionally difficult language even for native speakers. When people see the misuse often enough, it becomes confusing. That being said, I KNOW which word to use, but I'll often mistype and use the wrong one. Because it's not a misspelling, spell check says it's fine. So, I'll go back to "It's My Fitness Pal, not My Grammar Pal." Let's give people a break, or is it brake?
  • ScottH_200
    ScottH_200 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Eye no, wat eh buntch uf loosers
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Want some cheese with that "Whine"??? Or would you prefer to have loose pants after you lose your weight and set loose your ill pleased snottiness so everyone else will lose their mind? or would you prefer mine versus mind?
  • tmaryam
    tmaryam Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I used to feel the need to correct grammar/spelling because I'm a perfectionist, but then I realized it's rather "classist" to point out mistakes or put down others who may not have been blessed with the same education I've received. I may occasionally twitch, but I leave my comments to myself out of respect for others.
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    It's also My Fitness Pal, not My Grammar Pal.
    Where is the like button when you need it!
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    Does it really matter? We know what the writer means.
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    It never really bothered me until I read this:

"The U.S. was ranked 17th in an assessment of the education systems of 50 countries, behind several Scandinavian and Asian nations, which claimed the top spots.

Finland and South Korea grabbed first and second places, respectively, in a global league table published by the education firm Pearson, while Hong Kong, Japan and Singapore ranked third, fourth and fifth, respectively.

The study, carried out by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU), combines international test results and data such as literacy rates and graduation rates between 2006 and 2010."

Now it just makes me sad.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    It drives me crazy, too. It shouldn't, but it does.
  • GenZombie
    GenZombie Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Not to be rude, but why is this a forum topic?
    If you really felt this was an issue, address it in the forum where the misspelling occurred.
  • Froody2
    Froody2 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    This is driving me crazy, you want to LOSE weight and don't want LOOSE skin. Get the spelling right FGS!

There, their, they're. *Pats you*.
  • mbbseb
    mbbseb Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    :grumble: