Help me stay strong today- goodies in office

Options
Today in the open plan office, beside the kettle, about 7 feet away from me are:
- 1 pack Mrs. Crimble's chocolate macroons
- 1 large homemade carrot cake
- 1 box deluxe pralines
- 1 box Guerlain Belgian Chocolates.

I love chocolate, I think about it as often as a teenage boy (allegedly) thinks about sex during the day.
Please, please help me stay away from this stuff. I can't go over my cals today, I just can't.

Replies

• gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Pick your favorite treat of all that is offered. Eat it. Enjoy it. Log it. Carry on with your day. :flowerforyou:
  • tuckeychicken
    tuckeychicken Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Choose yourself instead. Don't throw away all your hard work.
  • Frood42
    Frood42 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I cannot help as I would pick my favourite, eat it, enjoy it, and then spread the extra calories as deficit over the rest of the week or day.
  • terra32907
    terra32907 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I had donuts sitting outside my office last week. First I check the calories on everything and that was a pretty good deterrent and then I allowed myself one bite because I knew how long I would have to spend on the elliptical to work it off. Good luck to you today!
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-q7SVJYaO0&feature=youtu.be

Just had that shared with me.... hope it helps you too!

If you can't watch the whole thing, try watching the first 3 mins and then skipping ahead to about 15:30... though I do recommend all
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Do you really want any of that or do you only want it because it's available? If you really want something, find a way to make it fit.

P.S. You can probably eat more than 1200 calories and still lose.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Just take the box of belgian chocolates, slowly eat them under your desk and weep!

or eat one serving of your favorite, log it, move one, won't hinder your weight loss at all.
    take more than 1 piece of chocolate or 1 slice of cake to add pounds of fat back on.
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Pick your favorite. Have a small portion. Account for it in your calories. Move on. No need to torture yourself or binge out.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I would smash a Mrs Crimbles macaroon and a cup of tea. If you really want something have it, enjoy it and move on :)
  • failteromhat
    failteromhat Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am more than happy to have a piece of chocolate or whatever- don't worry, not in the habit if restricting myself that way! The issue is being able to stop. Sugar is like a drug for me, I crave it constantly and find it very hard to stop once I have started. (I think my diary is open- see yesterday for a case in point- mostly high sugar rubbish, very little in the way of food).

So i basically need a nudey pic of myself in my cubicle- not sure my colleagues would approve!
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    I am more than happy to have a piece of chocolate or whatever- don't worry, not in the habit if restricting myself that way! The issue is being able to stop. Sugar is like a drug for me, I crave it constantly and find it very hard to stop once I have started. (I think my diary is open- see yesterday for a case in point- mostly high sugar rubbish, very little in the way of food).

So i basically need a nudey pic of myself in my cubicle- not sure my colleagues would approve!

It's probably not sugar you crave - unless you eat it by the spoonful, it's probaby the combination of sugars, flour, eggs, ect. that make up a baked good.

Your enemy right now is not sugar, but your inability to moderate foods.

The so called Rubbish you ate yesterday is food.

ETA : with 31 pounds lost you must have some inclination on how this all works. Keep doing what you are doing.
    One day or two or a week won't pack on numerous pounds of fat or ruin all your hardwork.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options

You just identified the skill that you need to work on. It was the hardest, but most beneficial to me. Work hard every day to practice your self control and learn to eat things in moderation. It's going to have to happen sooner or later unless you plan on denying yourself things forever. It took me a while to realize that I wasn't addicted to anything - I was unable to do the whole delayed gratification thing. When I started practicing this - it got easier over time.

After 26 months and 100 pounds gone - I can confidently walk into any situation and know in my brain that I can have a taste of things, have a piece of cake, have some homemade ice cream and STOP at one serving. You can do it too.