Avoiding loose skin after weight loss

Options
13»

Replies

• TheLovelyKenne
    Options
    I found this topic very interesting. I am someone who is dreading the loose skin. I am only 23 but I've been a big girl my entire life, and at my heaviest, I tipped the scales at 280lbs. I'm not the healthiest eater and my weight constantly fluctuates with me staying between a size 18 - 24. I see this taking a toll on my body and I am already beginning to see some sagging on my belly area. I want to try the Bio oil & coconut oil ideas. I'd really love to see this thread continue. It's good to hear from people with the same worries/fears as well as those on the opposite end of this battle. The best of wishes to you all <3
  • WisheeNY
    WisheeNY Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I've been driving myself a little cuckoo about this since I started losing weight. I've done a lot of searching online and have found a few things that I'm going to try bc I've seen really good results and feedback from other people

1: derma rolling and using bio oil after rolling
    2: lots of water
    3: MSM capsules and cream
    4: dry body brushing
    5. strength training of course

I just want to take care of my skin as best I can throughout this whole thing. I refuse to just wait and see how it looks at the end.
  • Metallicaholic81
    Options
    Hey.. Im 18 years old and im currently about 320 pounds...i irecently started doing simple half hour workouts each morning, im starting a work out plan which includes exercises used by boxers (as im trying to get into boxing and MMA training)... However i ha e no clue where to start with dieting and eating healthy....any advice??
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    Genetics and age play a factor.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Since I'm 50 and want to lose 50 lbs I expect I'll probably wind up with loose skin, especially my upper arms which seem to gain weight disproportionately to the rest of my body.

If anyone is not sure what 'loose skin' is, Mike Meyers parodied it at the end of his Austin Powers movie series, by having "Fat *kitten*" loose weight--but not skin. Comic hyperbole, but not by much.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I have lost almost 75 and have 30 to go. My skin gets saggy and wrinkly at times but then seems to bounce back. I am doing weights and cardio and losing slowly. Even after I get to my goal I will still be a bit chunky. I dont mind. Curvy chicks are hot as hell!!!
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    i weighed over 300lbs..lost it slowly .. i dont know if drinking a lot of water, exercise and eating right did it but i dont have any loose skin yet .dont know if its genetics or i did something right
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    i weighed over 300lbs..lost it slowly .. i dont know if drinking a lot of water, exercise and eating right did it but i dont have any loose skin yet .dont know if its genetics or i did something right

And if it's working don't mess with success! Congrats on your weight loss!
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I don't really have loose skin. What I have is empty sagging areas where the fat used to be. Doubt they will ever go away.
  • manderoonie1
    Options
    Stretch marks don't go away. You can reduce the appearance, but they are always there.
  • mkberry85
    mkberry85 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    While loosing weight slowly will help in prevent extensive amounts of "sagging skin," it is not an absolute. You can and most likely will have some excess skin even if you lose 1 pound a week, likewise, if you lose 5 pounds a week, you will most likely have excess skin. What are more likely factors include: your diet, your age, how long you have been overweight, genetics, sex, and race.