Vegetarian MFP users

Options
greatness
greatness Posts: 18 Member
I have been a vegetarian for a little over 6 years now, not necessarily a strict vegetarian I suppose because I eat fish at least once a week… But I am hoping to add people that are vegetarians that have an open diary? I have been struggling with being creative in my meal plans and its starting to feel like a burden to make good vegetarian food that meets my health focus in terms of higher protein, good fats and complex carbs. If there are any of you that are vegetarians/vegans/pescatarians with an open food diary I would love to add you so that I can find some more creative food outlets. Thank you for any help!!

Replies

• Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    You can add me; my diary is open. :) I'm not a very strict vegetarian either as I still have seafood, eggs, and some cheese. I'm actually trying to include even more fruits and vegetables though for health reasons. Maybe it'll spark some food creativity for you?
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian here, feel free to add. My dairy is open but boring as hell
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Try www.thugkitchen.com - lots of vegetarian (actually, mostly vegan) recipes that are super yummy! Warning, though, there's a fair bit of language. We get a lot of recipes from this site and I haven't really found one yet that I haven't enjoyed.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Try www.thugkitchen.com - lots of vegetarian (actually, mostly vegan) recipes that are super yummy! Warning, though, there's a fair bit of language. We get a lot of recipes from this site and I haven't really found one yet that I haven't enjoyed.

You made my night. smiley-bounce014.gif
    Thanks for the "fair bit of language."
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options

You made my night. smiley-bounce014.gif
    Thanks for the "fair bit of language."

:drinker: It's my favorite part - definitely added bonus that the food is good!
  • greatness
    greatness Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I am going grocery shopping today so I will take a look at the site to get some ideas beforehand.
  • marissanik
    marissanik Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I used to be a strict vegetarian for 3 years, but recently realized it was a lot harder to get my protein so I'm now a polo vegetarian. On my cheat days I eat strictly vegetarian again.

My diary is open and friend requests are always welcomed.

Tofu, whey, beans, greek yogurt, cheese, peanut butter are some options for protein sources. You could also drink skim milk if you aren't lactose intolerant but I try to avoid it when I can.
  • 23crizzle
    23crizzle Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am a vegetarian and my diary is open. Feel free to add me. Some days are better than others. The last few have been pretty boring since we need to go to the grocery store. It should get way more interesting tomorrow!
  • MarilindaJane
    Options
    I am a recently converted vegetarian, and I would love more veggie friends.
    My diary is open feel free to add me, I want to start blogging about the food I'm attempting to make.

:)
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Check out the Happy Herbivores group. There are a lot of veg*ns on here.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I have been a vegetarian for a little over 6 years now, not necessarily a strict vegetarian I suppose because I eat fish at least once a week… But I am hoping to add people that are vegetarians that have an open diary? I have been struggling with being creative in my meal plans and its starting to feel like a burden to make good vegetarian food that meets my health focus in terms of higher protein, good fats and complex carbs. If there are any of you that are vegetarians/vegans/pescatarians with an open food diary I would love to add you so that I can find some more creative food outlets. Thank you for any help!!

So you ate pescatarian ?
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian for most of my adult life. Diary is open to friends
  • cyrena13
    cyrena13 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Also a vegetarian for about 14 years, and constantly trying to come up with creative ways to get my protein up. You can add me.
  • moparjer
    moparjer Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I started eating whole foods along with my husband (heart Dr.'s orders!) 3 months ago. He just saw the doc. last week, and is able to cut back on 2 of his medicines! I'm eating a lot of what he does (mostly for convenience), as well as for my health. My diary may show an occasional chicken or beef. We're slowly "using up" frozen meat from our freezer so I can defrost it someday!

Thank you to vegan/vegetarian MFP users for sharing ideas! While at a restaurant, my husband ordered a veggie sandwich. He thought they had added shredded cheese. Turned out, they used shredded acorn squash! This was also added to my salad as well....I liked the crunch!
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian for about 18 yrs. I eat eggs and dairy but little to no soy products. Feel free to add me and check out my diary.