It's summer and I am not bikini ready

Options
2»

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I feel the same. I wanted to be beach ready to but I slacked. My fault. I know what I am doing. The fat melts off. The weight comes off slower due to muscle increase.
  • Athena1007
    Athena1007 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I had to work an event for my job and it was at the beach last week so I found my eyes bombarded by seemingly happy scantily clad young women. The last time I went out with my husband and he checked out a another girl in super short skirt, I became an emotional mess because I felt so unattractive. Both instances have made me realize the problem is with me. I know I have a long way to go before getting my confidence and body back but is anyone else feeling the summer blues as all the short shorts and bikini tops come out on display? If so, how do you stay confident in the skin you're in while striving for beauty on the outside and in?

My two cents - There's only one step to getting a bikini body: You put on a friggin bikini.

You do not exist for the viewing pleasure of others. Wear what makes you feel good and quit "fat shaming" yourself. It's no one's business what you wear to where (I mean, don't stroll around nekkid, though, you'll get arrested.)

In all seriousness, if you got paid just to look good (like models do) then you'd have a personal trainer and a personal chef and you'd spend 8 hours a day just tending to your body. Average people like you and me don't have that luxury. So I say, take the attitude of not caring what others think about how you look. You're on this site, you're taking steps towards getting healthy, and that's what matters. Take confidence in that!

Besides, as the good doctor said, "Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind!"
  • Tbaby1514
    Tbaby1514 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    How to get a bikini body in one easy step:

1. Put a bikini on your body.

The most obnoxious, overused advice ever.
  • ariesflame
    ariesflame Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I hope you find your courage to just do it. So many great stories here about folks just realizing we should just step out and do it, because its not about judgement from everyone else, its about how we feel.

Yes, he'll look no matter what, but you know what, I bet you he doesn't remember a thing. He remembers when you are radiant from being happy with yourself. He remembers how you great you make him feel when you are not down on yourself about something he can't help you with.
    We all want to feel like the most beautiful thing in the eyes of our partners, but they can only see that when you do too. (But side note, let's also use it as a reminder that we should put in effort to make them feel sexy and appreciated too. Never take them for granted)
  • shellya30
    shellya30 Posts: 21
    Options
    There will always be someone more _______ than me. Skinnier, flatter tummy, bigger boobs, whatever......
    Just have to realize that there is more to life than appearance, and keep working towards your goals. It takes time, and it takes work, and it doesn't happen overnight. Just work on being the best "you" you can be and stop worrying about how other people look.

This advice is awesome!