I'm so hungry!

Options
I'm currently eating around 1,790 calories which is a lot of food if you eat healthy...but I'm so hungry between meals! What is something you may have done to kill these hunger pains? I'm scared I'm gonna go on a full on binge if I don't do something!

Replies

• CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    how many times do you eat a day / how many grams of protein/carbs/fat do you have per meal?

if you're hungry try eating something that will fill you up and work the macros around it. For instance sometimes I really want some cookies and milk and nothing will help me get over how bad I want them so I'll eat them, and work my remaining meals around them.
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    how many times do you eat a day / how many grams of protein/carbs/fat do you have per meal?

if you're hungry try eating something that will fill you up and work the macros around it. For instance sometimes I really want some cookies and milk and nothing will help me get over how bad I want them so I'll eat them, and work my remaining meals around them.

Wow, you are just on top of things today. Awesome!!! :smile:
  • lesbianese
    Options
    Something I do to stop snacking and overeating is chewing gum instead.
  • oChristyo
    oChristyo Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I drink a nice hot cup of coffee. :)
  • dswolverine
    dswolverine Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Yea, i eat roughly 2000 cals per day and i still get hungry. I chew gum and drink tea, and will also snack on chopped up veggies. Veggies are pretty low cal and sometimes provide just enough to tide me over until my next meal/planned snack.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    You may want to drink more water throughout the day or consider eating smaller meals more often during the day. I eat 6 meals through out the day.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I was actually hungrier when I ate many small meals. I like eating 2 big meals (usually breakfast and lunch) , a smaller dinner and small after dinner snack. See what works for you.
  • fooninie
    fooninie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I'm currently eating around 1,790 calories which is a lot of food if you eat healthy...but I'm so hungry between meals! What is something you may have done to kill these hunger pains? I'm scared I'm gonna go on a full on binge if I don't do something!

I eat about 4-5 cups of raw veggies per day (peppers, cukes, celery and sometimes a pickle to change the taste) and by the time I am done those, I don't want to put another thing in my mouth for a while...

It's tough when you get started because your brain and body are used to eating/feeling a certain way.

I also work my "must haves" into my macros as much as possible.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    If you are just starting, it's normal to feel hungry until you adjust (about a week), if not, then your protein may be low.

Investigate your hunger: are you actually physically hungry or is it just that you are used to bigger quantities of food? If it's physical, up your protein, if it's the quantities, up your veggies. In my case it's usually both since I'm a volume eater. What I do is: good sized high protein item, and the rest of the calories I divide between veggies and soup (both of which are amazing size bulkers) and I end up with sizable meal.

Is it actual hunger or cravings? If it's cravings, have what you are craving and it may help you stop obsessing and plan the rest of the day around it.

Are you used to eating a lot of snacks? Have the kind of snacks that take a while to eat like unshelled seeds (sunflowers work best because the shell is bulkier than the center so the amount appears big and lasts long since you are shelling them individually). I also sometimes pour some milk and brown sugar into ice pops and freeze - nothing against regular sugar but brown tastes better with milk. My pop moulds are half a cup each and it takes much longer to eat those than it does to drink half a cup of milk.

Have something extra rich, maybe even too rich, like a small slice of the fattiest kind of cheese you can find melted on a toast. It's counter-intuitive, but when it's rich the taste and richness linger in your mouth longer making you feel like you've just eaten.