Options

Replies

• tara3103
    tara3103 Posts: 107
    Options
    bump
  • saj9291113
    Options
    Pistachios with Shells....The Shells slow your eating down...

And make a bigger mess. I usually do 'stachos then my co worker brought in sunflower seeds. I hate her! There goes the sodium!
  • jlmelton0509
    jlmelton0509 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I spend about 75% of my work day at a desk. Try some special k multigrain crackers and a wedge of baby bell low fat cheese. You get like 24 crackers for 120 calories and I think a wedge of the cheese is 35 calories. I also like the campbells soup at hand vegetable beef. Only 70 calories!
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I sip water all day long, which definitely slows down the eating! I bring sliced cucumber and munch on that as well, and you can also add it to your water for a little flavor boost.
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Try this,,,,,,, keep you snacks healthy as mentioned above,,,,, but keep them some place you have to get up and go get. If you can get up from your desk, put them in your car, and get up and walk out to your car to get them. Is there a break room you can keep them in, make yourself work at least a little for your snacks. Are there stairs in your building, get up go up a flight or two and back down before you allow yourself a snack,,,, work honey work, it’s the little things that add up.
  • aghack
    aghack Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I snack at work, too! my favorites are: celery sticks that I dip in hummus, sliced cucumber, raw caulifower, almonds, grapes, and Cracked pepper and olive oil triscuits. I also love fresh pears, fuji apples, and cantaloupe, but my sugar has been too high every day, so I am trying to cut back on my fruit and snack on mostly veggies.

Another really great trick for me has been Green Giant frozen asparagus, peas, green beans with almonds, and broccoli. Each of these say they have 3 servings, but eash serving only has about 20 calories. I can microwave one package, add a little salt, and I feel full for at least an hour.

Another trick- V8. It satisfies my salt craving, but has so few calories, and I can take my time drinking it.
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    100 calorie packs (of whatever - I prefer cookies :) ) can work if you get used to the small portions - it helps though that you know exactly what you're getting nutritionally.

I also get up and move around if possible which helps to reset my mind a little, and if I'm lucky, food cravings. A short walk around outside, a trip to the third or fourth floor to use the restroom (I'm on the first), and stuff like that. I also down a bottle of water once in a while but my stomach is usually too smart for that!

*edit - I didn't see freerange's post above -- I second that!
  • cakenedith2
    cakenedith2 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    i love light and fit yogurt!

wheat thins fiber seleft crackers- garden vegetable flavor (you can have 15) with a part skim mozzarella stick,
    banana and a handful of almonds,
    popcorn
    fruit!!!!
    whole wheat tortilla with a little peanutbutter, roll it up, easy to eat at desk
  • LizardIsANerd
    Options
    I am a desk jockey by day and a roller derby girl by night, so protein is REALLY important to my snacks. I have lots of Tuna at my desk - a pouch of the generic tuna in water is 90 calories, 19g protein and only like 75 cents! It is REALLY filling.

I also keep whole grain tortilla shells in a ziploc in that drawer so I can roll my tuna up if I don't feel like eating it with a fork from the bag!

And i have 100 calorie almond/walnut packs (100 calories, 3g protein) and several types of meal replacement type of granola bars.

And some of the pre-seasoned tuna cans with crackers.

And today I have celery with cucumber garlic flavored greek yogurt.

I also keep rice cake minis and peanut butter around.
  • Monroe121
    Monroe121 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Thank You all so much for the advice! I have a complete grocery list and I am happy! It is sooo hard curving my hunger b/c I am used to eating EVERYTHING and not being caution of WHAT I eat! Thank You all! SKINNY HUGS to you all!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I like something called "anne's house soy energy mix"

Very tasty.
  • MelleyJ
    MelleyJ Posts: 198
    Options
    I bring my breakfast to work so that I eat it as part of the workday munch. Then I bring my sandwich, a crunch pak of apples (30kcal and lots of fiber to keep you full) , and a sliced up orange for my lunch. About every 2 hours i eat part of my lunch, with my sandwich being around noon, and it gets me through the day. It keeps my metabolism up. I like the idea of cucumbers. I dont like to eat them, but putting them in the water does give it a great flavor. (Had it at one of the gyms I went and did a talk for with the personal trainers). Good luck!
  • minervasp73
    Options
    Try losing the habit! Why give in to that? Try getting up, get your mug, run the water, heat the water, steep your tea, wait for it to cool, ....guaranteed by the time you drink it you're past the munchies.

Plus - my green tea tastes sweet (don't know why) so it takes care of the craving.
  • Pipeman376
    Options
    I eat those choc. teddy grahams. 12 bears are a good little snack, only 65 cal. and 2g fat... plus it satisfies my choc. craving! :smile:
  • meredith414
    Options
    I work at a desk job too. I notice most of the time that I feel like snacking, I'm not actually hungry. Just bored. Try drinking Zevia soda. It's a zero calorie soda sweetened with Stevia so it's all natural. That always does the trick for me. You can find it at Whole Foods.
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    Options
    I also work at a sit down job where I am sitting almost 90% of the time. My snacks include: yogurts, fresh fruits, carrot sticks, freeze dried strawberries (from Trader Joe's), 100 calorie snack packs, and sometimes I even have a piece of hard candy to suck on. 14 calorie lemon drops are way better than 200-300 calorie junk. I find that sucking on a lemon drop curbs my desire to keep snacking.
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    Options
    Try losing the habit! Why give in to that? Try getting up, get your mug, run the water, heat the water, steep your tea, wait for it to cool, ....guaranteed by the time you drink it you're past the munchies.

Plus - my green tea tastes sweet (don't know why) so it takes care of the craving.

What green tea do you drink?
  • SnackGirl
    Options
    My favorite website for healthy snack is called Snack Girl. You can get a list of 100 healthy snack tips (many of them low calorie) here: http://www.snack-girl.com/subscribe/
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I also have a desk job. I snack on things like apples, bananas, fruit cups, Special K fruit crisps and yogurt. I know...kinda boring. I also have something to drink at all times and will sometimes just chew gum to get past the craving for something to eat.
  • bmramsey0614
    bmramsey0614 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have a sit down desk job too. I have a snack draw and this is what is in mine:

-Green Tea
    -100 Calorie Pack (Usually something chocolate for my sweet tooth)
    -Whole Wheat Pita (keep some hummus in the fridge but I try to eat only half a pita at a time)
    -Apples
    -Bananas
    -Almonds
    -Popcorn
    -Gum (good alternative if you just want something to eat. Keeps your jaw busy and mind occupied)

I have a variety because I do not want to have to go to a snack machine and get something unhealthy. Some days I eat a few things from my draw of goodies and some days I do not even touch it.