Favorite Protein Bars?

Options
Im_NotPerfect
Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
Hello! I have a very hectic schedule and am looking into protein bars for lunch (in addition to some fruits and veggies). But the ones I've had always taste like cardboard! So I'm looking for ideas and opinions on your favorite protein bars!

Replies

• FrancescaWebb
    FrancescaWebb Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Quest, by far! Heated up for about 8 seconds...delish.
  • Chimis_Siq
    Chimis_Siq Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have a very hectic schedule and am looking into protein bars for lunch (in addition to some fruits and veggies). But the ones I've had always taste like cardboard! So I'm looking for ideas and opinions on your favorite protein bars!

Quest Bars . usually sold at GNC. 20 grams of protein, 1 gram of sugar, 17 grams of Fiber, 23 grams of Carbs and 190 cals. Gluten Free. TASTE AMAZIIIIIIIIING , seriously, AMAZING.

A little on the pricey side, but def worth it.
  • MallieRose91
    MallieRose91 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are my favorite!!! Love the flavors and from what I can see, it is one of the healthiest protein bars out there. www.questproteinbars.com to look at the flavors and read more about them. You can also chat them and say you heard you can get two free bars to sample and they will send you two bars of your choice for free! :)
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    i had some ones from costco called bioprotein bars. they were awesome, especially the peanut butter one, tasted like a candy bar, and i think they only had like 6 g's of sugar which is lower than many of the others i have seen
  • JGonzo82
    JGonzo82 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are awesome!
    I also like Gatorade (yes, seriously...I thought "no way, barf" when I first heard it too) Whey Protein bars. They're ~340cal, (ballpark 20p/9f/43c) so definitely a lot higher cal than Quest, but IMO taste great.
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Think thin bars - the brownie crunch and the chunky peanut butter are my favorites. You can get them at Trader Joe's (at least in my store) or your local big chain grocery store.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    The chocolate EAS Myoplex bars were my mainstay for quite some time, until I started buying protein bars at the store and not online. After that switch, I bought the 6-packs of chocolate Pure Protein bars (I'd rank these as just palatable enough for consumption) for a while...the chocolate Met-Rx Big 100 bars are also decent. Recently, I started getting the New Whey Liquid Protein shot 6-packs (can you tell I shop at Wal-Mart? lol...). The fruit punch flavor is fine, and it's hard to beat 42g of protein per serving. As far as flavor goes, the Snickers protein bars are actually surprisingly tasty (they taste pretty much like a candy bar to me), although they have less protein per serving than the others I listed.
  • apple_cakes
    apple_cakes Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Cookies and cream or cookie dough quest bars!
  • amw1919
    amw1919 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are my favorite!!! Love the flavors and from what I can see, it is one of the healthiest protein bars out there. www.questproteinbars.com to look at the flavors and read more about them. You can also chat them and say you heard you can get two free bars to sample and they will send you two bars of your choice for free! :)

Hey, thanks for the tip! I'm having my two samples sent right now!
  • jen076
    jen076 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Oh I will definitely be trying the Quest bars. I was eating the Kelloggs bars but I got sick of those and they have too much sugar.
  • fit_rox
    fit_rox Posts: 83
    Options
    I like Quest Bars too, but they air towards the more expensive side.

Other choices: Labrada Lean Body Bars (in Caramel Peanut), Met Rx Protein Plus Bars, Atkins Advantage (20g protein) Bars.

Higher in sugar but always delicious: Clif Builder Bars. Yum.
  • Sobus76
    Sobus76 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Quest Cookie Dough Bars, OMFGOOD
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Quest bars! Most tasty bars aren't very good for you. These are the exception!
  • hubn8147
    hubn8147 Posts: 110 Member
    Options

Hey, thanks for the tip! I'm having my two samples sent right now!

I also want to thank you for this tip! I am also having some samples sent. That was very quick and simple!
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Quest, obviously. But I can't afford to eat them as often as I'd like, so I sample other brands often. Love Clif Builder's Bars and Snickers Marathon. The only truly disgusting one I've come across has been Supreme Protein Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. Also from WalMart. (I shop there too! They sell single bars, and most of them are half the price of Quest!)
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    -points to my profile pic-
  • ColeCake292012
    ColeCake292012 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Snickers marathon. If that counts. YUM YUM and YUM.
  • jlclabo
    jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    i tried the cookie dough and white chocolate raspberry Quest bars and yuck..... very chalky tasting.
    personally i love the MetRX colossal 100 bars. crunchy apple pie, peanut butter pretzel, and cookies and cream are the bomb!!!
  • carlchampigny
    Options
    I usually pick up the Power Bar Protein Plus Cookies and Creme, I just really dig the way it tastes (goes down well with water I find) :)

I just did the Quest chat and am having High Protein Peanut Butter Cups and Chocolate Peanut Butter sample bars sent my way. This may sway my preference! :)
  • ancho84
    ancho84 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Quest have been my favorite. I really like cookies and cream.