Cutting season 2014

Options
lifeof_oz
lifeof_oz Posts: 38 Member
Hello all,

This is a thread dedicated to logging my journey through cutting season in 2014. This is the first cut that I have gone on where I felt I did things right from start to finish. I allocated an entire month to transitioning from my bulking intake (3600), down to where I started my cut (2700). I estimated my TDEE at the end of my bulk to be ~2900. I only reduced calories as I stalled, and I logged my weight every week on the same day. I followed IIFYM, so thankfully I didn't have any urges to cheat or binge. I went to sleep every night feeling comfortable (relative to eating at a deficit of course). My goal was to preserve as much strength and lean mass as possible. Speaking both physically and mentally, it was just a very prosperous cutting season for me.

I began transitioning to my cutting intake on New Years day. So after the transition phase, this is me on Feb 1, 2014 @ 210 lbs

20140124_123721.jpg

5/12/14

img_n66by0k3KG.jpg

5/20/14

img_oFaAqtE3OL.jpg

5/30/14

20140529_111603-1.jpg

6/2/14 @ 181 lbs

20140527_160441.jpg

In all, I got down from 210 lbs to 181 lbs. After the initial 5 lb drop in water weight, I lost 1-1.5 lbs per week. I only added refeeds in when I got sub 12% (April). As a natural bodybuilder, I don't want to subject my body and hormones to more than 5 months of eating at a deficit. I also didn't feel like I had enough LBM yet for it to be worth getting ultra lean (7-8%). At 181 lbs, I felt VERY small.

However, this upcoming bulking season, I plan on incorporating squats and deads into my routine for the first time. Yup, you read that right (blasphemy, I know). I plan on making progressive overload a top priority as well. I feel like I have lots of mass gains to tap into (noob gainzzzzz LoL). I'm excited to see what my frame and LBM look like after this upcoming bulk.

I want to give a big shout out to all those who went through (and are still going through) cutting season this year. It's not easy at all weighing everything you eat, tracking your macros, and balancing that all with life in general. You have to sacrifice lots of time, some of your social life, and even some of your sanity. I want you all to know I'm definitely mirin' LoL.

Hope you all have a great summer!

Replies

• morgo20
    morgo20 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Nice!! you look awesome.. did you do more cardio while you were cutting?
  • lifeof_oz
    lifeof_oz Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Nice!! you look awesome.. did you do more cardio while you were cutting?

Thanks!

I added cardio in when I stalled. I didn't want to reduce my intake any further
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Fantastic job!
  • CrusaderSam
    CrusaderSam Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Next time you bulk up you might want to try lifting weights. Ok now that we got the do you even lift jokes out of the way, to be honest, I don't think you have all that much more mass that can be packed on to your frame naturally. Cant see your back or legs so hard to tell but I am just going to assume you got some wheels from doing stuff like leg press. If that is the case you got maybe 10-15lbs of lbm to put on and that is going to take you many years to get. I know a lot of guys that just cant get the mass they want and just cant be happy with what they have and then they turn to drugs. Not saying that's you or anything like that don't get me wrong. Its ok to keep your head on the clouds but make sure you keep your feet on the ground. Anyway you did very well keep up the hard work.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Impressive transformation. Well done.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Yowza! :love:

Great job!! :drinker:
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    :happy:

Nice work. :)
  • hung901
    hung901 Posts: 4
    Options
    GJDM
  • allisonjforsyth
    allisonjforsyth Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    WOW! GO you! Amazing! Congrats!!
  • april979
    april979 Posts: 39
    Options
    Damn, looks good!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!