Friends eating 1200

Options

Replies

• Sarahsteve7kids
    Sarahsteve7kids Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I dieted most of my life... tried every fad diet there was... guess what they didn't work because they are all too restrictive and too difficult to sustain.

Keep it simple find a REASONABLE deficit: Most people do not need to eat 1200 calories to lose.

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal

Log your food accurately and honestly this thread will help:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide?hl=logging+step+guide

Find an activity you enjoy doing - I found I love to ride my bike and lift heavy stuff :)

Here are 2 more threads that will help take the time to read them:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here?hl=so+you're+new+here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

This needs to be repeated. Please do read. 1200 is unnecessary and miserable.

I don't find 1200 miserable at all! I guess it all depends on what you eat in that range!
  • BrittanyMG3
    BrittanyMG3 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am a mommy of 3 and started a healthier eating and fitness lifestyle after having my daughter in January, I have been over weight for 7-8 years ( ever since I got pregnant with my oldest) I was 220, bounced around the 200's then dropped to 185, got pregnant with my 3rd child and the day after I had her I was 208lbs.. as of today I am 143.4 lbs and counting! I am also on a 1200 calorie diet and my goal is to be at 135lbs.

Add me if you would like! Or anyone else for that matter :smile:
  • chocolatexxmintt
    chocolatexxmintt Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm eating at 1200 calories right now.
  • onewarmmomma
    onewarmmomma Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm a 1200! Always looking for motivators and friends :)
  • Hachiko89
    Hachiko89 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm on 1200 a day too, not finding it difficult yet. You dont look like you have much to lose. Im 5'1 and 112 lbs so I dont have much to lose either, i think sometimes its harder with not much to lose. I have an open diary so add me, I'm good at motivation =)
  • cwoyto123
    cwoyto123 Posts: 308
    Options
    That feel when I eat almost 5 times more than 1200.
  • JennyBilyeu
    JennyBilyeu Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am doing the 1200 a day. Really not as hard as I thought it would be...but boy it takes some ingenuity and imagination!
  • JennyBilyeu
    JennyBilyeu Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Reply to the "Quote"

I really don't find it miserable at all. I have 130 lbs to lose, and though it's ideal to lose 2 lbs a week, the 1200 cal. diet is working fine for me. I eat healthy, hearty meals with a snack in between. I'm not hungry, and I notice that I am getting fuller quicker each day. The recipes I have found are wonderful, and if I don't feel like cooking, I pop a Smart Ones in the microwave. It's really not so bad. I do thank you for caring enough to post that though.
  • Ldbg289
    Ldbg289 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1200 and it seems to be working for me! I'm at 1 pound a week.
  • noelr56
    noelr56 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    my goal is 1200, and sometimes it's a struggle!

I'll send you a request, and anyone else is welcome to add me.. please, just include a message :)

good luck!!
  • TIFFANYLEIGHSMITH
    TIFFANYLEIGHSMITH Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    1200 is my goal. Please feel free to add me. :smile:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Personally, my goal is always eating the *most* calories I can while still making satisfactory progress towards my goal.

I'm always dumbfounded how popular it is to take the approach of eating the *least* calories as possible while trying to mitigate any serious side effects.

edit: because extra words are bad
  • LMKOHEN
    LMKOHEN Posts: 1
    Options
    I just started on 1200 as well. What are you eating to meet your goal?
  • Jenileealexisashe
    Options
    I sent you a request!
    Im eating 1200 cals per day.
  • Edwardshar
    Edwardshar Posts: 271 Member
    Options

Don't be so bossy :)
  • sdps745
    sdps745 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Right around 1200 has always worked BEST for me! If I eat more, I either stay the same or *GAIN*...Ugh! :noway:
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I dieted most of my life... tried every fad diet there was... guess what they didn't work because they are all too restrictive and too difficult to sustain.

Keep it simple find a REASONABLE deficit: Most people do not need to eat 1200 calories to lose.

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal

Log your food accurately and honestly this thread will help:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide?hl=logging+step+guide

Find an activity you enjoy doing - I found I love to ride my bike and lift heavy stuff :)

Here are 2 more threads that will help take the time to read them:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here?hl=so+you're+new+here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

This needs to be repeated. Please do read. 1200 is unnecessary and miserable.

I don't find 1200 miserable at all! I guess it all depends on what you eat in that range!

Ya, no. It's still miserable.
  • BecomingShane
    BecomingShane Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm 1200 on days without exercise :) I exercise pretty much everyday now so it's more like 1400-1500 is what I end up taking in.
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    I am not really an advocate of 1200 unless this is before exercise.

On a low day I will consume 1400 and even this is bad.
  • lorrennon
    lorrennon Posts: 43
    Options
    1200 except on party night ;)