Wine is killing my diet...I have to slow down! Am I alone?

Options
On some days I feel like I might as well drink my diet! 1-3 glasses add up, I am stuck at the same weight, even though I have been a "good girl".

Time to face the music. My wine intake kills my diet. I read up on it and didn't like what I read. Bellyfat - slow Metabolism - not burning fat after alcohol. Just a few hints telling me I have to change something.

So...Ladies and Gentlemen, I will slow down drinking to weekends only and then I will not go overboard anymore (meaning not more than 1-2 glasses).

Wondering if somebody wants to join me. I am not the only one enjoying a glass of wine after a crazy day right? OK wine, beer, drinks...is anybody having the same problem and is willing to change the routine ???

Like a "weekend's only" club :-)

Replies

• mykizmom
    mykizmom Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I will, I started this weekend I have not had wine since Friday and I like a glass or to after work. But I also read up on it and didn't like what I read, I also love ice cold beer :-) but have not had anything since Friday. My goal was to see if I don't drink anything will the scale move. I am not saying never but it's weight or drinks and right now I want to see progress.
  • cottagegirl71
    cottagegirl71 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm in - I have a drink (or two) almost every night and I know it leads to bad choices later on......going to stick to Fri/Sat nights in moderation from now on......I pretty much only drink water and coffee the rest of the time but I just made a huge pitcher of iced pomegranate green tea to keep in the fridge - yum!
  • PSMTD
    PSMTD Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I rarely ever drink, usually I'll have one glass every 2 weeks or maybe 2 on the weekend once a month. I like wine spritzers or ghetto ones (1/2 15 cal pink lemonade and 1/2 a normal size glass of moscato).
    I know barefoot is 120 cal per glass but if you mix it with low cal juice or sprite 0 you can have 2 glasses for 120.
  • Becre8tive
    Becre8tive Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    well, the good thing is I am not alone :-)
  • jimcurless
    jimcurless Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes and Yes. Except mine is beer. Through the week is no problem. Usually am doing social events most weekends and end up drinking craft beers, Can blow through half a days worth of calories easy. On these weeks it seems it ends up 0 pounds lost for the week. I play music and will be doing a germanfest. Wonder how that will go...................
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I lost weight easily by cutting down on my wine intake. Cutting back basically created my calorie deficit for me. The alcohol itself won't cause belly fat or slow loss, it's the calories.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    I can't drink and diet. I end up driving myself right into a bucket of calories. Nuts, raisins, doesn't matter, even if it's relatively healthy, I will overeat whatever is in the house.
  • granturismo
    granturismo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I can't drink and diet. I end up driving myself right into a bucket of calories. Nuts, raisins, doesn't matter, even if it's relatively healthy, I will overeat whatever is in the house.

I find this also.

I tried 'weekend only' and found that I binged on wine. I'm going to try a max of 3 glasses in one evening and if I cant manage that then its time to quit.
  • maura1110
    maura1110 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    This is such a problem for me too! I just love to have a couple glasses after a long day but it just has so many calories! :(
  • daisyacres
    daisyacres Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you started this topic-count me in. I love a glass or two of wine in the evening as well but I really think it doesn't help with the weight loss. What I have found that really helps with the stress is an additional walk or mowing the lawn-something that takes at least a half an hour. So far that's helping. My MIL is coming for a visit next week-not sure how I'll do then lol.
  • AngelineTheBaker
    AngelineTheBaker Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I came to the same sad conclusion this week. Even if it fit within my calories, it was stalling my weight loss.

So farewell for now, red wine. Till we meet again.
  • notamoment
    notamoment Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    You might want to check into AA you functional alcoholic you ;) jk jk i had to minus the wine from my diet due to this same issue hah
  • Becre8tive
    Options
    I want to thank all of you. I felt like I am the only one having daily wine parties.

Well then, today is Friday. AS OFF Monday next week there won't be any alcohol during the week. The red wine will have to live without me from Monday to Saturday. Maybe we should start a group. If I wouldn't be such a computer dinosaur I would do it :-)

https://www.drinkaware.co.uk/understand-your-drinking/unit-calculator this is the webpage that I found and when I typed in what I drink (I can drink like a fish) I just didn't like it.

Again...thank you!
  • Becre8tive
    Options
    OK I started a group it's called "weekends only" and hope some of you might join me.

I will send out invitations and I hope that's OK.

Enjoy your weekend and the wine and beer...let's be good next week :-)
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    DH and I cope with this differently. Guess it depends on your personality.

I have 1 glass of wine every evening. 4 fl oz. Every month or so I re-measure so I'm being accurate. I never have more than 1 drink, except if it's a business function (and even then probably only 2-3 tops).

DH has one cocktail per evening at the weekend only. He never drinks mid-week.

We used to routinely have a massive cocktail every evening...
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Oh you are so not alone

I love a glass or two or three!

But I feel the same...booze kills the weight loss!

To do without though?

Trying to stick to a Fri / sat nights and cut down!

Good luck with your plan!
  • GCanha
    GCanha Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Sign me up!

With a full time job- and as a full time wife & mom- I usually have 2-3 glasses a night!

I'll start on Monday!
  • sjbtiger
    sjbtiger Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I cut back to just weekends a few months ago and it really helped! But I'm good with joining the group, as I need the reminder not to grab a glass after a crappy day at work (or putting the kids to bed).
  • karbar75
    karbar75 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    This sounds right up my alley.. I know the calories in the evening beverages are totally sabotaging all the good stuff I do during the day. Should be easy to just skip it but it's such a habit!
  • StrongHealthyPowerful
    StrongHealthyPowerful Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I hear you on the few glasses of wine in the evenings. I have a stressful job and wine was needed to help me wind down. Since recommitting to doing MFP a few weeks ago though, I've all but given it up entirely. This has been great for my waistline, but not so great for my social life. My boyfriend and friends are all about going out and hitting the town and I feel like a huge drag when I order water. I just can't bring myself to bust through my calories that day though! I'd love suggestions for how to balance it out. I don't want to stop seeing progress (5lbs in three weeks!), but I also don't want to become a hermit! Last weekend I just stayed in because I knew I wouldn't have that social lubricant to erase my inherent awkwardness. :(