Feeling fed up and had a bad day !!

Options
It is the irst annivarsary of joy dad passing away today and I woke up feeling sad, but got on with the day - I got to about 4. 00 p.m. Then I decided I wanted a glass of wine, then came the chocolate bar and crisps, etc.,,,

This is the first downfall I've had in a long time,
As of now (and I'm going to bed shortly ) I have eaten 2529 calories but exercised 996 cals, so it doesn't sound so bad - does it ?

Replies

• Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Doesn't sound too bad, no.

I would do my best to not mark my calendar (or mental calendar) regarding sad events. Is a loved one's death something you want to commemorate year after year? I can understand it being hard if someone passed away at the same date as a celebration (Christmas, etc), but otherwise, it seems marking your calendar for these sad events is a good way to get yourself worked up.
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I think it's your own choice to remember your dad as you feel you need/want to; as for the food...don't sweat it. Losing a loved one is hard and sometimes we use old coping mechanisms. And you didn't go over by much anyway.
    Wishing you strength! :flowerforyou:
  • DivineChoices
    DivineChoices Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you're going through that. Anniversary/birthdays/etc can be hard. My father passed away 10 months ago today. I don't know what I'll be like on the anniversary of his death, and it's not something that just turns itself off. Regardless of how today goes, just make sure you pick yourself up tomorrow and move on.

I went over my goal by WAY TOO MUCH last night, but that doesn't mean I have to make that a trend.

If you're feeling emotional, try writing everything down or talking it out loud, instead of burying it with food.

((((hugs)))) I hope you feel better.
  • liveandlove788
    Options
    Everyone has bad days. Don't blame yourself for that and let it go, it's out of your control. Tomorrow is a new day and you can pick up where you left off. So don't feel bad or sweat it...just see it as an opportunity to have a good day tomorrow :)