Favorite Meals!

krv124
krv124 Posts: 22 Member
edited September 22 in Food and Nutrition
I am in a bit of a meal planning rut for B, L and Dinner! I was hoping to get some inspiration. WHat is your favorite healthy go-to meal for breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack?

Replies

• whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Bump. I need new ideas too!!
  • barton2
    barton2 Posts: 10
    I've just discovered a few new things:

Tomato/Basil tortilla wraps
    deli Turkey meat
    Light Mayo
    1 slice of cheese
    **only about 270 calories for lunch**

Hummus with carrots for snacks

Oh, definitely (if you have a Kroger near you), get Carb Master (Kroger brand) yogurt. It has only 80 calories but much less sugar than most other yogurts.

Baked fish with chopped zuccini and squash (I put the veggies in a steamer bag, only takes a couple of minutes with a dash of Mrs. Dash or other seasoning...SO GOOD!

I also like the Wheat Thins Flatbreads with a little Light alouette cheese. deliscious and only 110 calories per serving (about 2 crackers (they are long and wide though) and 2 Tbls of cheese.
  • sincereme
    sincereme Posts: 276
    For breakfast:

Ive been enjoying Greek Yogurt and honey. ( I buy the one with no flavor and the honey gives it a yummy taste.) Very filling too.

Scrambled eggs with Salsa and 1 slice of Whole Wheat Toast.

Whole Wheat Toast with Cream Cheese

Oatmeal

Lunch:
    Hummus and Tomato Sammies are yummy.
    Tuna and Avocado on whole wheat toast (I prepare the tuna without mayo. Just some EVOO, onions, pepper and lemon juice.)

Dinner is always my hardest meal.
    Soup and Salad
    Whole Wheat Pasta with sauce and a side of veggies
    Shrimp over brown rice and veggies

These are some of the things I make. I get bored too so other ideas will be sooooooooo helpful!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,544 Member
    Feel free to check out my diary for dinner ideas. I eat pretty much the same thing for breakfast everyday-egg whites, double fiber wheat bread with almond butter and either turkey bacon, canadian bacon, turkey sausage or occasionally some low sodium ham. Lately I've been having a bagel thin with low fat cream cheese.

For lunch, I will often eat a cup of soup, a salad with fruit and some type of protein in it or I'll just have leftovers from dinner from the previous night.
  • krv124
    krv124 Posts: 22 Member
    thanks for all of the great ideas!! wegmans here i come!:happy:
This discussion has been closed.