How to get over a plateau?

Hit a major plateau that is lasting a long time......kind of frustrating when i feel like i am working my buns off! Not allowing it to get me discouraged, just making me wanna push harder. Just wish I knew what to do to get over the plateau!

Replies

• Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    I've been stuck at 270 for a while now. I've just up'd my game at the gym and started lifting heavier weights. I'm currently in the process of changing my diet. Good luck with your plateau and I know exactly how you feel just so damn frustrating watching the scale not change.

I will say though I'm losing inches across my body so I can't complain there.
  • Thanks!!! And way to go!!!! It does get discouraging and frustrating, but then I just get mad and push harder....just want them scales to move a little further. Keep up the good work :)
  • TheBadToe
    TheBadToe Posts: 246 Member
    you have to switch things up. Your body has modes that it will default to after a while so you have to force change. Like muscle growth... You lift heavy for a week, then lift medium weight to muscle failure for a week, then you lift light for a week. This keeps the body guessing and forces change. Diet can be the same way...
  • I was told by my nutritionist, that you should add 15-20 mins more to your exercise routine. That should do it, or you can subtract 100 cals from what you normally eat. It worked for me
  • jtaylor2188
    jtaylor2188 Posts: 8 Member
    It's best to change your workouts. Your body will do what it is made to do and adapt to a workout. You need to focus on trying to confuse your body with different weight, reps, and intensity. I'm not saying change your workout every week, only when you feel you haven't progressed at a reasonable rate. Be patient! If you need any specific suggestions let me know and I will throw some ideas at you. Good luck
  • my sister told me when she hit her plateau, she increased her amount of calories and then a little more junk food for about 2 days then she stopped eating the little bit of junk food but kept her calories at the extra 100 that she added. She said that helped even though she only lost two pounds that week.