SAHM

Options
How do you get your work out in and stay on track ?

Replies

• welborn1006
    Options
    There's a very motivating group I like on IG (Instagram ) for SAHM I like for the fitness info : IG:fit.sahmarefabous #fitsahmarefabulous
  • JenD1066
    JenD1066 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I do an hour on the treadmill during Sesame Street, and an hour during dinner.
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    It's summer, so I hike a lot . I live in the mountains so I am fortunate to have trails close. I mix it up with my Jazzercise class a one hour total body workout.
  • tinkbaby101
    tinkbaby101 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I get up before my kids, and before my husband leaves for work, for my morning workout.

I also include my kids as much as possible. Trying to stay active with them opens up lots of "workout" possibilities. We go on hikes. We spend the entire day at the zoo. I hook up the bike trailer and we visit the park. We play xbox kinect games on rainy days. Mostly, I do a morning workout because it's opportune "me" time. Otherwise, I've tried to find ways to become more active and involved as a family.
  • welborn1006
    Options
    I do an hour on the treadmill during Sesame Street, and an hour during dinner.
    [/quote

Is this everyday ? And do you strength train ?
  • welborn1006
    Options
    It's summer, so I hike a lot . I live in the mountains so I am fortunate to have trails close. I mix it up with my Jazzercise class a one hour total body workout.

Yea the mountains are Hrs away for me !! How do you like Jazzercise and how many calories you burn doing it on average ??
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    We go for a 45 min walk with stroller and then I lift during nap time.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I used to go to a personal trainer twice a week & get my mum to watch my girls, or else, it wouldn't get done. Then I would take them in the pram for big walks.

It got harder with having 2 at home, 1 stopped napping etc. etc.
  • welborn1006
    Options
    I used to go to a personal trainer twice a week & get my mum to watch my girls, or else, it wouldn't get done. Then I would take them in the pram for big walks.

It got harder with having 2 at home, 1 stopped napping etc. etc.
    I thought about that but the weight I have to loose is serious and requires 5 days a week of some serious cardio and strength training if I ever think about loosing this weight I have to stick to it UGH!!
  • 120by30
    120by30 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I work-out after I put the kiddos to bed. Night time is when I feel at my best anyway.
  • welborn1006
    Options
    I work-out after I put the kiddos to bed. Night time is when I feel at my best anyway.

That wouldn't work for me !! I'm exhausted by the time I put them to her they wear me out !! Thanks though ????
  • Andiebeanluvsu
    Andiebeanluvsu Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My husband works midnights, so I catch him in the morning, before he goes to sleep, so he can babysit while I go for a run. I tried taking my daughter in the stroller once...it was a disaster!
  • sscantstop
    sscantstop Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I wake up and do Fitness DVD's from Beachbody at 6:30am for the moment, It's been so hard because my husband works out of state a lot, When my husband is home he watches our son so I can go for a walk/run. no where near family or friends, I might consider signing up for a gym because they do have a 2 hour day care limit....But I hate contracts so .......not sure. For right now, All I do is fitness videos. My alarm clock is my motivation ( That thing is loud, I can never go back to sleep when it goes off !!, LOL )
  • sscantstop
    sscantstop Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, My son is 5 years old and I tried to go walk/running and OMG , Never felt fear until that day. He was every where he wasn't supposed to be, I wanted to go left, he wanted to go right. He gets mad ( he says I don't love him because I'm ignoring him with my running :) , Plus, there is a playground where he can play so I can run around it and still be able to see him but as soon as I take 5 steps...Mama ! Mama ! Mama ! Mama ! Mama ! " I can't do the monkey bars, I can't climb down, my pants are wet, mama she wont play with me...OH Lord , Lets go home !! LOL !!
  • welborn1006
    Options
    My husband works midnights, so I catch him in the morning, before he goes to sleep, so he can babysit while I go for a run. I tried taking my daughter in the stroller once...it was a disaster!

Thanks for the great advice !!! I have determined that of I am
    Going to do something I have to leave my
    Hubby out the picture because he's so extremely busy and I hate to feel like im begging for time with the kiddos so I'd rather figure it out where they can be doing their own thing and I can get my workouts in !!!!
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I feel like being flexible is the only way to get something done, so I have several options depending on how the day goes, and some days nothing gets done, but I figure I'm chasing and cleaning up after 3 boys, so it all evens out in the end.

I have videos I can do during naptime, an elliptical in the garage, and my son is 35lbs, but I still can get him in the stroller for a power walk when the weather allows.

Thankfully, I spaced my kids so the oldest will be able to babysit once the youngest won't fit the stroller anymore.
  • GrasslandFairy
    Options
    I haven't started a regular workout routine yet, but I get some exercise in while spending time with my daughter (age 2).

We kick a ball around the yard with my husband and our dog, jump on the trampoline, jump rope, hopscotch, go for walks, play tag, dance to silly songs, play follow the leader, and pretty much everything kids do. It's a lot of fun, and I get to spend time with my girl. :)
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    You do just like the rest of us do, you make time.