Cardio vs Weight training

Options
2»

Replies

• MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your help. What's the best carbs to eat??

Any u wish too....

Post workout, I would go with things like rice, pasta, swt potato.....
    Fruit would not be a good choice post workout....but fine any other time.

I ate Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal for snack today myself. :smile:
  • MityMax96
    Options
    Oatmeal is another good one.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    Alright... the whole eat more to lose has gone a little far. It's meant in relation to something being sustainable, not that eating more will make you lose more weight. If you aren't losing at your given activity level at X amount of calories, increasing your calories and sustaining your same level of activity is going to lead to weight gain, not loss.

The eat more to lose is meant to encourage people to set a moderate and not drastic calorie deficit because it will pay off in the long run by preventing burn out, loss of lean body mass and will help you sustain your energy levels to continue working out while in a deficit.

Here is a good place to start for EVERYTHING: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

thank you!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Alright... the whole eat more to lose has gone a little far. It's meant in relation to something being sustainable, not that eating more will make you lose more weight. If you aren't losing at your given activity level at X amount of calories, increasing your calories and sustaining your same level of activity is going to lead to weight gain, not loss.

The eat more to lose is meant to encourage people to set a moderate and not drastic calorie deficit because it will pay off in the long run by preventing burn out, loss of lean body mass and will help you sustain your energy levels to continue working out while in a deficit.

Here is a good place to start for EVERYTHING: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

thank you!

Amen to that.

To the OP your diary is closed so hard to say but I suspect you don't weigh solids and measure liquids and choose correct entries.

If you are logging 1600-1700 a day and not losing chances are you are eating more than you think.

Get a food scale, weigh your solids, choose correct entries...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide?hl=Logging+accurately&page=3#posts-19337078
  • OhReally42
    OhReally42 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    1.Depending on what your overall goal is, sometimes increasing the weight your training with or increasing your cardio can help.

2.Also the best places to get good carbs is from fruits,veggies and beans.

3.You may also have water weight that could be causing you to fluctuate, you may want to watch your sodium levels and the foods you eat. Lots of water also! Always at least 8 cups.

4.Restating what everyone else has said, you also need to have a calorie deficit. There's 3,500 calories in one pound so having a deficit of 3500 calories a week would help you lose a pound a week. So you would want to have a deficit of 500 calories a day each week.
  • MityMax96
    Options

2.Also the best places to get good carbs is from fruits,veggies and beans.

Disagree
  • MichelleS08
    MichelleS08 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I do weigh my food
  • MiniMarc
    MiniMarc Posts: 19
    Options
    dont just jog for long periods. do your weights then put the treadmill on full tilt (15) and sprint for a minute , then dome more weights then repeat the sprint. do it like 3 times you will feel like your gona die but it will shock your system waaay more than 25mins jogging

the carbs from veggies is great advice. Lentils are your friend!
  • MichelleS08
    MichelleS08 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice though you guys are all great :)
  • MiniMarc
    MiniMarc Posts: 19
    Options
    A personal trainer told me he'd rather i did 15mins of intense circuit with little to no rest than run for an hour. Is helpful if you have a busy lifestyle! things like squats , pushups , jumps , burpees , plank , crab walks can all be done with no equipment and just use body weight. They knacker you too!
  • OhReally42
    OhReally42 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    To clarify what I mean about beans, I mean like fresh beans say for like a bean soup or lentils and things. Refried beans are not necessarily in that category. There's really alot of trial and error for what your body can handle for food. Some beans make people bloated and gassy too but usually they have fiber that is supposed to help AGAINST bloat. You'll just have to find the right foods for you.