At home weight lifting for beginners ?

Options
2»

Replies

• jhgreer
    jhgreer Posts: 145
    Options
    I agree New Rules of Lifting for Women is a great program - I did it and learned a lot. I do not, however, think it is a great "at home weight lifting for beginners" program. I have also done Rachel Cosgrove's Drop 2 Sizes - dumb name but I love the workouts and I'm able to do them at home with a few modifications. There are also DVD's for it and a decent meal plan. I would recommend maybe starting with that to learn some of the basics and then work your way up to the New Rules books. Rachel is Alwyn Cosgrove's wife - he's did all the workouts for the New Rules series.

Like others mentioned, body weight and kettle bell workouts are also good for beginners at home. I also love to work in yoga at least once a week and you can find a billion yoga dvd's or videos online.

Good luck!
  • metalgirl4
    metalgirl4 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Good info. I have everything I need, weights and what not, but need help planning a routine. Thanks for the sites and books!
  • marblesx5
    marblesx5 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Fitsugar.com has some really great short strength training (and other) videos that target different areas, and are very user friendly!