Challenge/ Support group looking for new members

Options
I have been a member of a challenge/ support group for awhile now. Unfortunately, we have lost quite a few members due to life circumstances. We are currently looking to add new members to motivate and re-energize our group.

A little bit about the group:

We have weekly weigh ins and weekly challenges.
We chat a lot throughout the week about weight loss things and life in general.
The group is called H.E.L.D. Together because it revolves around 4 categories necessary for weight loss: Hydration, Exercise, Lifestyle, and Diet.
The group is private which encourages openness and honesty.

Who we are looking for:

Women only
Needing to lose at least 25 pounds
Between the ages of 25-50 (most of us are working mothers)
Preferably in North America, so we are in similar time zones and use similar units of measurement
We are looking to add 10-12 new members

If you are interested or would like to know more about the group, please send me a PM. I will say upfront that we are going to be selective in finding members that we think will mesh well with the couple of people we still have left from our old group. If your profile is not open and public, please tell me something about yourself. I will send an invite to new members and I will post here when the group is closed.

Good luck to everyone in their weight loss journey

Replies

• dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • suzielarose
    suzielarose Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi can you add me to the group :-) I'm 31, 25lbs to loose, and just joined mfp today
  • dab52776
    Options
    I added you :)
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I am an empty nester, 52 yrs. At least 40 to 50 more to lose. Am I a fit for your group.

Cindy
  • KaeChelle77
    Options
    Bump! :smile:
  • Teamjoker
    Teamjoker Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a 31 year old mother of 5 I would really like to join your challenge. Won't feel alone anymore.
  • lucy529
    lucy529 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Could I join? I'm about to turn 32 and am a new mom trying to lose weight
  • dab52776
    Options
    I've added the members up to this point who meet our group criteria. We still have 5 or so spots available.... Who's interested? :wink:
  • zessis00
    zessis00 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Can you add me as well!! Thank you!!
  • Thumpergt9
    Thumpergt9 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. I am 35 and a working mom to 3. I would like to loose another 25.
  • bootssowhite
    bootssowhite Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 29 and have almost 100 pounds to lose. I'm not in North America, at least not for another six months, but I would love a support group. I feel like I don't really have anyone who can sympathize/empathize with my weight loss journey in my real life, and I'm too self-conscious to talk about it to my normal sized friends. The idea of making this large of change without any support is daunting, and I would love to find some people who are going through something similar.

Cait
  • dab52776
    Options
    Our group is filling up nicely. I have about two or three more openings for motivated ladies- or those in need of some motivation :wink:
  • hellosay
    hellosay Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Oh, Please add me! I have 12 kgs to lose that is 26 lbs. I am a 32 year old working mother of one.
    Excited to be part of it.
    Thanks,
    Sayali.
  • hellosay
    hellosay Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Oops, I am not in North America. I guess that disqualifies me. :sad:
  • shenica1
    shenica1 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I sent you a PM.
  • pattykaye33
    pattykaye33 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I am a 44 year old wife and mother of 4. Currently at 187lbs hoping to get down to 140-150 lbs.
  • DanielleH1213
    DanielleH1213 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I am 29 and would like to lost another 30+ lbs! And I would love an active challenge group. Another one I'm involved in has pretty much disappeared.
  • starseed777
    starseed777 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am in my 30's, and have 100 + pounds to lose. I log on everyday and keep a fairly accurate food and exercise diary. I have been on MFP for 3 weeks now. I am motivated and would love to join your group.
  • dab52776
    Options
    Thank you all for your interest. As of this point, our group is closed. However, I will be keeping a waiting list in case some of the people we added decide not to stay. So, if you are interested in being put on a waiting list, please PM me.

Best of luck to everyone!
  • Diet242
    Diet242 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi , I'm interested in joining your group as well. Mother of 2 , 43 years old. I have to lose another 30-35 pounds. I started MFP about 3 weeks ago and log daily. I live in Colorado.