Staying within your sugar limits?

Options
Does anyone find it difficult to stay within your given sugar limits? I find that I am going over almost everyday. Of course there is "bad days" where I treat myself in my food diary, but I think I eat relatively healthy and I have very minimum processed foods in my diet. How the heck does everyone stay under? Or do you just ignore the sugars?

Replies

• SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a medical condition that requires you to monitor it, ignore it. If you're getting your required nutrients, don't fret. I always surpass mine. I track fiber in its stead. Here's a great article on the subject :D

http://www.fitnessbaddies.com/your-problem-with-sugar-is-the-problem-with-sugar/ 
  • DCarter1701
    DCarter1701 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'd ignore it if, as you say, you're not eating a lot of processed foods. Most foods like fruit and milk, for example, have natural sugars, and I think MFP just counts it all as "sugar." You can reformat your tracking to not track sugars, if you like. I think I have mine set to track calories, fat, protein, carbs and sodium. Maybe fiber too, I don't know.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Does anyone find it difficult to stay within your given sugar limits? I find that I am going over almost everyday. Of course there is "bad days" where I treat myself in my food diary, but I think I eat relatively healthy and I have very minimum processed foods in my diet. How the heck does everyone stay under? Or do you just ignore the sugars?
    Sugar's just a carbohydrate, barring specific medical issues. It's a popular target for fear-mongering at the moment, but it's not bad on its own.
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Unless you are a diabetic its not really something you need to worry about.
  • EmmGriffith652
    Options
    Thanks guys! I was finding it very hard to stay within the sugar limit and I eat healthy things! I'm so glad others are going over their limit as well. And I believe I'll take the advice of reformatting my trackers to something more useful, maybe fiber! (:
  • MeganAnne89
    MeganAnne89 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    With the amount of sugar MFP wants me to eat I always go over it after literally eating 8 large strawberries and an apple. I'm sorry but you can't make me eat less fruit so I just ignore it