Newbie to here

Options
Hi, I am a bride to eb who is getting married 11.1.11, I currently weigh 10stone 11lbs and 6oz. But my ideal weight before the wedding is to be 9stone or under.

I need some motivation, could you tell me what makes you not reach for the cookie jar? xx

Replies

• JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. It's a great place to be. I joined on 7/4/2010 and have lost 61 pounds. I know you will love it here, lots of great
    motivation and support. Always focus on the end results when you have to urge to eat the cookies, that always helps me. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Feel free to add me as a friend, we can help motivate each other.
  • dihardcheer86
    Options
    Welcome and congratulations!

Cookie jar... keep it empty or out of site!! Keep fresh fruit and veggies on the table or on the counter...or in the cookie jar LOL :)
  • bridetobe111111
    Options
    Thanyou, now that is always an idea. xx
  • bridetobe111111
    Options
    You have a request from little young me. xx
  • marsprobe
    Options
    Hi,
    I am also getting married this year (June/July time) - have not booked it yet!) and currently weigh nearly 14.2Lbs as just had my 3rd baby (8 weeks ago) Ideally, I want to weight 11.2lbs by then but not sure if I will do it as I have a really bad sweet tooth and prone to binge eating.
    I try to look at alot of pictures of celebrities that were once overweight that have battled through it, like Katie Hudson, Kirsty Alley, Oprah and Tyra Banks and think if they can do it, so can I as I am sure they used to like all the wrong food just as much as I do. It's just a question of mind over matter and how much you really want to be thin. They obviously have more incentive as their careers often depend on it, but depends on individual goals.
    I also try to think to myself ' you get one short life, why waste it not looking the way you want to look' It always seems to prick my concience and has helped me lose weight when I had my two previous children. I am struggling a bit with this one in my attempts to shun the wrong food, but I am hoping that if I keep thinking about the dress I will be wearing when I get married, and how much better it will look in 3 sizes smaller, then hopefully I will keep away from the biscuit tin. Hope this works for you!
  • bridetobe111111
    Options
    Hi marsprobe, please feel free to add me as a friend. I think your advice will be extremley helpful to me. xx