Hate rude people

Options

Replies

• Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    When I used to work at a grocery store I had a woman tell me "if you were thinner you would work faster" at the time I was near my heaviest at 200lbs. This woman was as overweight if not heavier then me.

I responded with "if you were thinner maybe you wouldn't be such a *****"

I swear some people forget that cashiers are humans

Holy crap! I would have come over the counter at her.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    This completely reminds me of that guy who used to tweet "*kitten* my Dad says".. All the weird, embarrassing stuff his Dad comes out with.

Two of my own (recent) experiences with older people:

1. Yesterday a rather sweet looking older guy was helping his wife at the doctor's office (finally a diagnosis on my knee pain - a torn meniscus, but that's another issue..), and commented in a friendly way about it being a "bad hair day". I was like, whaat?, I have "bad" hair, does it look that bad that some random stranger would comment, because it sure looks just it usually does.. And since when did I actually care about my hair? Is this what older guys think fills the heads of 40-something women? Is this what fills the heads of their wives..

2. Recently an older guy accused me of being racist because I made my daughter move so he could have her seat, because that's what we do for older people or people that look like they need the seat more than we do. He basically implied that I wouldn't let my daughter sit near him.

Older people. Hope I never become one of 'em.
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Ok. so I have been feeling so good about myself and my dedication to trying to eat healthy. I have lost 28 lbs in a little over 3 months..So yesterday at work an old man I mean old 92 is checking out in my line and he looks at me and says I wouldnt want you your to fat...I know Im fat I dont need someone to tell me...I so wanted to say and yeah your &*&^%(&(&(*&B+ old...Just had to rant...It made me pissed off the rest of the day arggggggggggggggggggggggggg

you should have said, "I wouldnt want you, you're old"
    JUST KIDDING, I have more respect for my elders than that, but it sure is tempting to come back with a retort like that one, lol
    my grandma always says stuff like that "oh, you have pimples on your face" thanks gma for pointing out my blemish, lol
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Being totally blunt, inappropriate or rude can be a sign of Alzheimer's or Dementia. :( Just go about your day.
  • Philp0718
    Philp0718 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! You lost 28 lbs! That's a wonderful achievement. Focus on that.

This. Repeat.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    He might not want you.. But NOBODY wants 92 and shriveled. Unless you got J howard Marshall money.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Eh, that's not really rudeness, that's more dementia. I hope he's got someone to change his diapers.

Seriously, a lot of older folks sort of lose that social filter part of their brain function and revert back to childhood when they start to lose it. Don't place too much importance on what they say. They're like children.
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    92 or not I would have given him a piece of my mind!
    There is never an excuse for being rude.
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    For some people, the frontal lobe is the first to go and it's the bit that controls impulses. We all have impulses to say things that would be considered rude, but our frontal lobes keep us from engaging the mouth.

I know when my frontal lobe starts to go, there's going to be trouble... :ohwell:
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    dont worry.. he will likely die soon.
    First thing I thought!

same :smile:
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Sorry you had to go through that... Do your best to let it go and move on. No sense in dwelling on something like this. Congrats on your success thus far!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

Yes, there is. It is called dementia. Should research it sometime.
    I am disappointed at the lack of compassion on here for a very elderly man, who most likely has limited time left and who probably has not got all of his mind intact.
  • gert1985
    gert1985 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    An old neighbor guy of mine gave me an old couch years ago and I was taking it into my basement with my brother.
    He was standing there watching, leaning on his cane and said "it's a good think you're a big husky girl"
    I was like WTF? I wasn't sure if that was a compliment or not :)
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options

I am disappointed at the lack of compassion on here for a very elderly man, who most likely has limited time left and who probably has not got all of his mind intact.

:flowerforyou:
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options

:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • KarmaKills
    KarmaKills Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I work with seniors on a daily basis and yes, they can be rude. lol I've been insulted many many MANY times. I know it's hard, but don't take it to heart. He's old, grumpy and probably hates anyone and everyone. I'm willing to bet he insults everyone he crosses paths with.

Congrats on your weight loss....be proud!!!! :)
  • QueenofHobbies
    Options
    My response would have been "Oh, what a relief!" lol.

(and OP sorry, that sucks, and what a sucker punch to hear this, and you know you wouldn't want him either because he's ancient, we just don't have to belabor the obvious to every single person we meet now do we?)
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    When I have to deal with rude people, my boss says kill them with kindness ...... which is easy for him to say, he doesn't have to deal with it :grumble:

Then I go home and have a gin & tonic :drinker:

Peace !
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    When I was bigger I went to a salad bar and ran into an old lady who thought it would be cute to say "I'm so happy to see you eating a salad" I responded with "I am so happy you made it off the titanic"
  • QueenofHobbies
    Options
    When I was bigger I went to a salad bar and ran into an old lady who thought it would be cute to say "I'm so happy to see you eating a salad" I responded with "I am so happy you made it off the titanic"

LOL!!!!! That's priceless.