Anybody doing P90x?

Options
I'm starting P90x today and could really use the support of others also doing P90x or any advice from people who have done it in the past.

Replies

• Chanti1620
    Chanti1620 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Just got my husband on to it, i think he is into week 9!
  • missylectro
    missylectro Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm starting P90X3 soon :D
    Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • kmkylemo
    kmkylemo Posts: 1,103
    Options
    I just did the first day and I feel great after. How have his results been so far?
  • kmkylemo
    Options
    I added you
  • missylectro
    missylectro Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I haven't started it yet. Will start Monday!
  • kmkylemo
    Options
    Oh ok I gotcha. Isn't P90x3 only like 30 minutes per workout?
  • di36
    di36 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    A similar workout for free (although you can buy a coach) is the freeletics app / website. I do this on days im not running or at the gym. Its a great workout..!
  • karenj_m
    karenj_m Posts: 215
    Options
    I'm doing P90x and am in the end of recovery week of the 2nd month. Love P90x!!! 4 years ago, I did 3 - 4 rounds of it, then I did the P90x Plus (with P90x = you mixed the two together).

Fast forward to crap ....I let it all go to hell! :( So I'm started again.

My Tips to you:
    Do the Classic version
    Lift heavy so you are in the 8-10 reps
    Track your monthly macronutrients (protein/carb/fat) here on myfitnesspal. but don't bother with the exercise part. Use GOALS / CUSTOM to put your own numbers in.
    Track your sodium too
    Eat good as long as it within your calorie total for the day and meets the monthly macronutrients as stated in the nutrition guide.
    Get your calorie total for P90x on teambeachbody.com GET FIT / Nutrition Tools / caloric needs calculator. If you want to loose scale weight too, then knock 500 off of the maintain total calories. Use the loose "some" weight, not the loose ALOT of weight choice, or your calories will be too low.
    PS: you don't have to eat the food in the nutrition guide, just get your totals correct.

Men do very good on this program, the ones that don't are because they don't track the calories or macronutrients.

The yoga is way too long ...you can either start or stop it half way OR buy Tony's One on One Fountain of Youth Yoga DVD (44mins. long)

THe scale might not move for a few weeks as water retention gets in your muscles for repair...be patient,...this is normal.

Try to beat your previous week's numbers (from your worksheet).

Use a pullup bar, use dumb bells. Buy some Whey protein (Walmart carries a good one).

Take pics / measurements now for yourself....do this each month.

PS: you're going to be sore like a ***** in about 2 days :)

Go get it!!

PS: I am NOT A COACH....and I'm not trying to sell you anything (you don't need shakelogy, etc.)

There's a P90x GROUP here under Community / Groups.

Good luck
    Karen
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    P90X and X3 grad here! Just sent a friend request :)
  • skinnymini813
    Options
    I have it sitting her collecting dust. Did you have to do a lot of the modified moves in the beginning and could you compete a full workout? I felt like I could only do it when I get more in shape which is why I took up running/gimping along outside first.
  • kmkylemo
    Options
    I've been running 2-3 miles a day and weightlifting for about 2 months now so I wasn't as sore after the first day. I still couldn't do anywhere near as many push ups or pull ups as them but I did the best I could. I think after the first 2 weeks I'll start being able to do a lot more. My copy collected dust for years. I'm glad to finally be able to give it some use.
  • Boxing987
    Boxing987 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    is p90x better than t25?
  • maizerage66
    maizerage66 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Oh ok I gotcha. Isn't P90x3 only like 30 minutes per workout?

In a way, yes. You spend a TON of time before and after the workout stretching so the overall workout is really only about 30 minutes. So don't freak out when the videos show that you have 60+ minutes of the video, half of it is stretching and advertisements and the other half is the actual workout. Yoga is pretty much all stretching and you have an hour and a half of it so have fun with that. I did P90x when I got to my heaviest weight and lost a lot and got really strong from it. Good luck to you!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    following
  • fatkook
    fatkook Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am doing the P90X sort of, I use the the upper body workouts ony and supplement cardio for the others, except plyo.
  • jcwatts
    jcwatts Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am also doing the upper body workouts only and running on the days where you do the cardio workouts. I am pretty flabby after losing some weight and i'm hoping that P90X will help firm things up.
  • kmkylemo
    Options
    The only workout I'm not so sure of is the Yoga. I started on Wednesday so my yoga day is Saturday and since I'm a single father I don't know if I'll have an hour and a half on a Saturday to spend doing Yoga.
  • maizerage66
    maizerage66 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    The only workout I'm not so sure of is the Yoga. I started on Wednesday so my yoga day is Saturday and since I'm a single father I don't know if I'll have an hour and a half on a Saturday to spend doing Yoga.

Get up earlier or do it later. But the good thing about this Yoga day is that you don't need to do every single exercise. Lots of people get good results from half of the exercises performed in this video. But honestly you want to find the time to do it because once you shorten or skip one day, the more likely you're going to do it more often in the future. Just my experience but as long as you're putting the effort in whatever time you have, then you'll get results.
  • kmkylemo
    Options
    Yeah I'm going to try not to just skip it cause I know that will send my spiraling downhill. I'm going to do like 45 minutes of it to start and see how it goes.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I'm in my third week of P90X.

have fun with the plyo.