Is it possible to get results with just dumbbells?

Options
atuchon
atuchon Posts: 234 Member
I REALLY want to start lifting heavy from home. I currently don't have the extra money for a gym membership or new equipment. I was wondering if I can still benefit by just lifting with dumbbells since that's all I have at the moment. I feel a little discouraged to start because I feel I don't have enough to make a difference!

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    This fairly recent thread has a lot of links to other threads and good information:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1283019-using-just-dumbbells-for-strength-training?
  • atuchon
    Options
    Thank you SO much!
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    It depends on what kind of dumbbells you have. If you have a selection of different weights that are heavy for you, then you can definitely see results. If you have a set of neoprene covered dumbbells in pretty colors that top out at 10lbs, then you probably won't be able to do much with those in a heavy lifting program.
  • atuchon
    Options
    It depends on what kind of dumbbells you have. If you have a selection of different weights that are heavy for you, then you can definitely see results. If you have a set of neoprene covered dumbbells in pretty colors that top out at 10lbs, then you probably won't be able to do much with those in a heavy lifting program.