Stretch Marks?

Options
I lost a bunch of weight, so i can finally take off my shirt right? WRONG! i have these horrible stretch marks! Theyre not nearly as red as they used 2 be. I have scarzone for a scar on my lip, it says it will work on stretchmarks but i dont know if i should use something else...not cocoa butter, that doesnt work.. Any ideas?

Replies

• jemmajoy
    Options
    That is a great question, I have been thinking about that myself! Please let me know if someone gives you some tips. Thanks!!
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Jergens Natural Glow w/firming lotion seems to have helped mine a lot: this mite be TMI, but I no longer have stretch marks on my chest & my stomach looks better than it did in my 20's! I have some still on my hips, but I am not worried about those - I'm in my mid 30's, I can handle what's left (plus I consider them my battle scars of my battle won, lost, won, lost & won for the final time :laugh: )
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I hate to burst your bubble. But stretch marks are there for life. They will fade with time but nothing will erase them.
  • HotMomma86
    Options
    My stomach is pretty messed up from being pregnant with twins. I have heard Bio Oil is pretty good but I haven't tried it. Mederma, I think it's called, is suppose to work as well. I have yet to try anything myself, as I'm waiting to reach my goal weight first.
  • vulcangrrl
    Options
    I don't know if you can get it overseas, but I use Bio-Oil.
    It's pretty amazing. It has faded my stretchmarks very quickly. I don't use it as often as I should though, haha. Still awesome though!
  • vulcangrrl
    Options
    I don't know if you can get it overseas, but I use Bio-Oil.
    It's pretty amazing. It has faded my stretchmarks very quickly. I don't use it as often as I should though, haha. Still awesome though!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Bio Oil will lighten the marks greatly. Worth the 10 bucks
  • RedExperiment
    Options
    Unfortunately, there is no cure for stretch marks (which you probably know already). Over time they will contract and become less red, as you have noticed, but like scars, they will never be obsolete. If your overall skin color is lighter than the stretch marks, you can use over the counter skin lightening/bleaching cream to help disguise them. If your skin is darker, you could try self tanning cream to darken those areas but that would probably take some practice and I'm not sure how it would turn out. Just suggestions - good luck!
  • missm83
    missm83 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    :grumble: i lost over 65lb ..that was about 8yrs ego....and still have bad stretchmarks..nothing i ever used helped :frown: ..so if any one has the miracle cure let all of us know!

3574259.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Sarah_B_Harris
    Options
    Did you know that they now make Mederma for stretch marks? I had used Mederma for scars on my little girls face (boo boo from swingset) and it worked wonders!! No scar at all now! It was definatly worth the money!

Check this out!

http://www.mederma.com/scars

Hope this helps!!! :o)
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I've heard bio oil works well, I haven't used it. I currently use Aveeno lotion and I have increased my intake of Omega's (fish oil capsules) from my naturopath. My stretch marks are still there but have lightened up a ton. Nothing like they used to be =)
  • jenn50
    jenn50 Posts: 81
    Options
    vitamin e and tanning helps
  • samrockrocks
    samrockrocks Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    vitamin e and tanning helps

the possible benefits of tanning NEVER outweigh the negatives!! tanning is terrible for you!! stretch marks vs. skin cancer?? no thank you!
  • braidensmommy
    Options
    Prefer On. Its from the makers of that Head On headache stuff. Prefer On is made for scars and stretch marks and it suprisingly works REALLY well. It is only 6-7 dollars a stick and i cannot stress how well it really does work.
  • simplyblessed89
    Options
    I had some stretch marks from when I gave birth last year, and I turned to the combination of Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil and Palmer's Cocoa Butter with Vitamin E (use as a regular routine after your shower). It has worked wonders on them in just three weeks. I still use it every other day to continue the routine.

As far as the cocoa butter not working, it's important to note that you HAVE to buy pure cocoa butter. The lotions you buy at Walgreens and such don't work for such difficult skin problems like stretch marks. While there is no "magic cure" for stretch marks, Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil and Cocoa Butter with Vitamin E and it has reduced the look of them dramatically. A friend bought them for me because they worked for her after her surgery.

Check them out here and even some reviews before you buy to make sure too:

http://www.palmers.com/product/detail.php?ID=74&SID=6
    http://www.palmers.com/product/detail.php?ID=43&SID=2

Hope this helps! Good luck.