Looking for a new fitness device and wanting opinions.

Options
Hi there!

I am wanting to get a new fitness device to replace my fitbit flex and I dont know what to get. I will have to have one that can be worn either on the bra or ankle clipped to my pants or in my pocket as I work with food and we cant have anything on our wrists or wear any kind of jewerly so I think bodymedia would be out of the question. Plus I honestly don't like the idea of paying for it monthly. So I am open to hearing ideas.

Teresa

Replies

• tethar
    tethar Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've been playing with a few different ones lately, just a regular pedometer from amazon, a pedometer from HR at my work, a Fitbit Zip and a Soleus Go. I love the Soleus but that's a wristband. It seems like the halfway point between a Samsung Gear Fit and a Fitbit Flex.

The pedometer might work for you. I just bought a cheap one (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005WCOYBW/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and it works fine, the steps seem pretty accurate (wearing it the same time as a fitbit) and it lived through an accidental trip through the washing machine. It tells you steps, distance, calories, etc, and is super duper cheap. I've clipped it on my waistband, underwear, bra, and cami.

but the fitbit zip is COOL. The only differences between it and the flex (besides the shape) is three things:
    (con) no sleep monitoring, but youre not gonna find that in anything but a wristband.
    (con) it doesn't charge. It runs on a battery that lasts four or five months. Which isn't bad, and the battery is replaceable.
    (pro) THE DISPLAY. It has a nice little display that tells you how many steps or whatever, you just tap the screen to go to the next thing, so you dont have to sync it up.
    (pro) Price. The Zip is $40 cheaper than the Flex.
  • cmbauer99
    cmbauer99 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I use the Polar Loop and it syncs with a Polar HT7 Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitor and will do everything the zip, fitbit and most others do, BUT will display my Heart Rate on my wrist so I can monitor it during HIIT workouts.

nevermind just saw you couldn't wear anything on your wrist. I will go lay by my dish now! lol
  • criticaltodd
    Options
    I've got the Withings activity tracker and I like it. It can be worn on the wrist or in a pocket, bra, wherever.
  • Ken2Pam
    Ken2Pam Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit force and love it. I know it will not work for you but when the took it off the market I looked into something for my wife. I am buying her the Fitbit One this weekend.

Nothing magic about what fitbit did, but the constant readout that I could look at real time, and on my computer at my desk, I work a desk job, was very motivating and helped me know when I was having a sluggish day.

Hope that helps.
  • livcurious
    livcurious Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have a FitBit One. I've had a basic pedometer and I definitely prefer the smarter version. You can set to connect wirelessly to your computer (or newer phone) and they create all sorts of charts. It also can monitor your sleep which is pretty neat to see.