Favorite protein/nutrition bars?

Options

Replies

• CitizenXVIII
    CitizenXVIII Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    In before everyone says Quest Bars

There's a good reason for that. I've got no brand loyalty at all, but nobody else offers close to what they do nutritionally.

Cookies & cream are my favorites, by the way.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein bars
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

There's a good reason for that. I've got no brand loyalty at all, but nobody else offers close to what they do nutritionally.

That's simply not true. They actually have "less" nutritionally than a lot of the others.
  • Hornsby
    Options
    Pure Protein bars

Also good and cheap for a low cal protein bar.
  • maybek8e
    maybek8e Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It is either Nugo or Nuga bars. I am all out right now so I cannot double check. They are gluten free and vegan (I have Celiac) and they are great!!
  • Chelseygetsfit
    Options
    Quest!
  • ConnorLynne65
    ConnorLynne65 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    bump
  • prestigio
    prestigio Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Oh Yeah Victory Bars. If you get them on sale they are pretty cheap. 200 kcal, 20 grams of protein and 20 grams of fiber per bar.
    I liked the Chocolate chip the most (had Chocolate Chip and Peanut Butter)
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options

That's simply not true. They actually have "less" nutritionally than a lot of the others.

How do you figure?

They have 20-21 grams of protein, 17 grams of fiber and 8 grams of fat. That's perfect macros in my opinion.
  • Hornsby
    Options

How do you figure?

They have 20-21 grams of protein, 17 grams of fiber and 8 grams of fat. That's perfect macros in my opinion.

For me, they are too low on carbs, not enough sugar, not enough fat.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Two Moms in the Raw - only 6 grams of protein, but everything is natural - no added oils or refined sugar, also gluten free.
  • Swiftdogs
    Swiftdogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I can't stand a sticky/gummy texture. So my favorite is Power Crunch, which also helps with my fat macro. I also like the Market Pantry (Target store brand) bars.
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options

How do you figure?

Ah, well then yeah Quest wouldn't be for you. They are for people looking for a protein boost. As a protein bar though they are, in my opinion, the best calorie to protein bar with the best taste.
  • CitizenXVIII
    CitizenXVIII Posts: 117 Member
    Options

How do you figure?

Yeah, I'm not looking for sugar in my protein bar. The protein/fiber/fat in Quest bars are spot on for what I need. Plenty of bars have ~20g protein, but nobody else has the fiber. To each his own, though.
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I really like Think Thin Bars. I think they have 20G protein. I love Quest bars too, but they make me want to keep eating sweets afterwards because they are so sweet!
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options

How do you figure?

...not enough sugar? Explain why that's bad.
  • Hornsby
    Options

How do you figure?

Ah, well then yeah Quest wouldn't be for you. They are for people looking for a protein boost. As a protein bar though they are, in my opinion, the best calorie to protein bar with the best taste.

That's cool. Taste is subjective as I haven't found one I like yet. I was just commenting on the comment about no other bars being close to them. That would assume that everyone has the same goals as everyone else. Some people want/need the extra calories and carbs. Lower cal doesn't equal better.
  • Hornsby
    Options

How do you figure?

...not enough sugar? Explain why that's bad.

Bad? Who said it was bad. Just not what I prefer. Would rather have carbs/sugar in a bar like that as I usually eat them prior to working out.
  • BarbellApprentice
    BarbellApprentice Posts: 486 Member
    Options

I enjoy Quest bars so much I had to stop buying them..at least while cutting.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

Victory bars. Same nutritional profile.