Run to Read Half Marathon

Options
FitJoani
FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
I finished which is all i wanted. I kinda wanted it to be under 3 hours but I was gonna take ANY finish. I finished in 3:10:00. It is a new PR for me. My last half was 3:29:44. I didnt mind having a slow time because 2010 was horrible and I got off training and lost my focus. I now have to oppurtunity to become the runner I know I am meant to be. I am ready to drop that time gradually over 2011, on any race I do. It really isnt bad for slacking on training to finish in just over 3 hours...

Replies

• bethpuma8
    bethpuma8 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Great job! I am addicted to half marathons! I love and need to have tight training schedules to keep me working out regularly!
  • Chrissy1011
    Options
    congrats on ur PR. running is not about time but about feeling good and finishing. in 09 i ram my first full marthon and was down after cause i did it in 6hours but after talking to my family (all big runners) they made me realize its not the time but the finish! not too many people can say they ran a 1/2 or whole marathon!! so congrats! and good luck on ur next run. me im training for my next full. im doing the flying pig in cincinati. again good luck on your running!!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    congrats on ur PR. running is not about time but about feeling good and finishing. in 09 i ram my first full marthon and was down after cause i did it in 6hours but after talking to my family (all big runners) they made me realize its not the time but the finish! not too many people can say they ran a 1/2 or whole marathon!! so congrats! and good luck on ur next run. me im training for my next full. im doing the flying pig in cincinati. again good luck on your running!!
    Thats the first weekend in may right??? I am running Pittsburghs two weeks following that.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the run! Running a PR with not training too much is pretty good.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!