It's that time of the month again....

Options
13»

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I lost my period and I heard I could find one in here?

I have a USB cable, you can sync up with me.
  • Dr__Girlfriend
    Dr__Girlfriend Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    FYI Ladies, you don't have to have a period unless you want to:)

If you're taking birth control, you aren't having a period anyway because you don't ovulate - it's actually just withdrawal bleeding.

Anyway, if you are on a mono-phasic pill you can just skip your placebos and take BC every day, all year long. No periods. No hormones plummeting. Talk to your doctor about it, if you're interested. It's very common:)

Never been happier! No more cramps for meeeeeeeeee:) No more feeling ****ty 85 days a year...
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    46M3xbP.jpg
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
    Love the responses. :laugh:
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options

So, any questions?

edited to say: no, I am not currently PMSing. Just a user whose been around for awhile and is BAFFLED by the amount of TOM threads that pop up. Common sense apparently is in short supply around these parts...

So your solution to too many PMS threads, was to create another one?

Got it.

Well buddy- I am a sarcastic snarky b*tch. So what can I say, decided that at least if it was going to be a post about vagina, it would be dripping in sarcasm. Sorry that offends you, oh wait, I actually don't give a *kitten*. :drinker:

WHOA

Who said I was offended??
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I've got 4 pimples and I'm craving chocolate!
  • kinkyslinky16
    Options
    WHOA

Who said I was offended??

Hilarious. :laugh:
  • kvansanity
    kvansanity Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I think all the questions arise out of women who have never tried to lose weight before. They've never paid attention to how their weight is affected by their periods, and they don't know if their hunger is from too few calories or PMS cravings, that sort of thing.

YES. I had never noticed how badly I PMSed or bloated until I started losing weight. It was a really tough week for me (the week before my period). To top it off, my period was very late so I had no idea if it was all related to the period. Now I know better and realize what my body is trying to tell me.
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    No more feeling ****ty 85 days a year...

I stopped feeling that way every month when I got rid of the tosser I was living with.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I actually posted my concerns that many MFP ladies had synchronized their periods. I invented this very notion, thank you, you're welcome.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    When we see a bazillion threads of women confused about there monthly menses. I have no idea why after dealing with this most of our adult lives, that its suck a freaking mystery all of a sudden. But in light of it and cutting down on the amount of questions people seem to have, here is a consolidated list of all the things you can expect, seeing as you've been going through this since you hit puberty, but just in case you've forgotten:

1. Yes, you will retain water, which means the scale will move. If it bothers you that much- throw the scale out the window
    2. Yes, you will get cravings. Eat whatever it is you want/ or don't, you have a calorie guideline here, use it as a tool or chalk it up as a bad day and move on.
    3. Yes, you can still exercise- studies have actually shown it helps with cramps. HOWEVER, if you can't- than 1 or 5 days will not undo the work you've done
    4. Stop whining about it. Seriously. We all get them (unless for some medical reason you don't), we all know it sucks, and we all know that for one week out of a month we are going to be crazy a** b*tches who crave junk food. Deal with it, and move on. No one needs a pity party or a freakin parade about it.

So, any questions?

edited to say: no, I am not currently PMSing. Just a user whose been around for awhile and is BAFFLED by the amount of TOM threads that pop up. Common sense apparently is in short supply around these parts...

LOL love it!!!! When I first joined MFP and saw all the threads on women freaking out because they were bloated and gained a few pounds during that time I was mystified too!!!!! How did you not know this?!?! Drove me nuts. I've now moved on to - prepare yourselves!!!!! - MENOPAUSE. OMG!!!!! Yes you will gain weight, yes it's harder to lose, yes your hormones will be all over the map, cravings fatigue, you name it!

Hang in the girls!!!! We can do this!
  • kinkyslinky16
    Options
    My period is projected to start on June 21st. Anyone else? I'd definitely like my own period buddy to ***** and moan!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I actually posted my concerns that many MFP ladies had synchronized their periods. I invented this very notion, thank you, you're welcome.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • PamCharro
    PamCharro Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm with whoever said they will whine all they want. Everyone has a different experience (and now that I am approaching 50, it's completely new for me as well) and the whole point of these support boards is to help each other through it. I don't think it's right to offer support and then tell people not to whine. This is the one place we should be able to focus on our obstacles without feeling judged, and to hopefully get POSITIVE feedback while the rest of the world beats the crap out of us. Just my 2 cents.
  • Nikkisfitblog
    Nikkisfitblog Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I truly believe that PMS isn't real, kind of like the female orgasm, it's just an excuse for women to act crazy a few days a month and over eat food. That's why women actually complain about weight gain during that time, it has nothing to do with the "hormones". It's because you stuff your face with chocolate!!!!

giphy.gif

No. Because...Science! And sorry you've never had a orgasm.... tough gig!