People who were successful at shedding 50+ pounds

Options
missylectro
missylectro Posts: 448 Member
How long did it take you to lose and how much did you lose? Just curious.

Replies

• Sunny_Sunflower
    Sunny_Sunflower Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Almost 6 months, I have my pictures up on my page. it shows -44 lbs but I've lost 60+ since giving birth in November. It took me less than 4 months to do -44 and the other 16 took me about 2. I did it really healthy eating, working out, gaining endurance, not hurting myself. Feel free to check it out.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I've lost 60 lbs and it took me about 10 months.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I lost 98 pounds in a year. I gained some of it back, but I orginally lost down to a weight that wasn't maintainable.
  • hyg99
    hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Hit my 50lb today!! Started 1/1/14. Still have 13 lb to go but delighted, happy and feeling awesome.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    64 pounds lost, two years this month.

Would like to see 100 (total) or more gone in the next two years.

:heart:
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Mine didn't happen all in one attempt - I just lost until I started to feel burned out and switched to maintenance until I felt ready for another go. Overall the first fifty took about six months of active dieting. I'm sort of on another attempt but what I'm doing right now is mostly getting ready for one of those road trips for non-drivers... still feeling bigger than I want to be so I'm running a deficit but if I feel like more calories I'll eat up to maintenance.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I've lost 127 lb, total.

The first 45 lb took over 4 1/2 years to lose, but I wasn't counting calories or really "dieting" etc. I didn't own a scale or weigh more than about 3 times (total) during those years, either (only at the doctor's office).

The last 82 lb has taken about 15 months.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    first 10 without really trying about a year. the last 46lbs 6 months give or take. but I have a **** ton of weight to lose. results not typical.
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    153 in 12 months
    162 total
  • carrisaalejandre
    carrisaalejandre Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    A year it took me to lose 50lbs.. Really slow compared to others
  • definestro
    definestro Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Around 9 Months. I took it slow and tried to make sure to never drop over 2 lbs in a week. I've kept it off for almost 2 years now.
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    It's taken me a year an a half or so of not working all that hard to lose about 60lbs.
  • mrsmurawski
    mrsmurawski Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    From fat to fabulous in 14 months.
  • d3mon4ngel
    d3mon4ngel Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    It took me about 22 months to lose 50lbs. This seems to be a lot longer than some people, but I don't mind that I've taken it slow. This really has been a lifestyle change, and I'm a lot fitter than I was when I started, so I'm happy :smile:
  • KathieZ123
    KathieZ123 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    That's great!
  • jescamp9481
    jescamp9481 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    2 years to lose 61 lbs and have 60 more to go... I lost about 35 lbs in 4 months maintained for a year and have lost 23 lbs in three months and I am still losing.
  • VeganAmandaJ
    VeganAmandaJ Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Well, I officially lost 50 lbs a couple weeks ago but since then have flucuated a bit, just to be completely honest I've probably gained a few pounds but it took me a little over a year to lose 50 lbs with about 50 more give or take to lose. BUt I've lost many inches and dress sizes too so it's not the number that I focus on.
    How long did it take you to lose and how much did you lose? Just curious.
  • LauraBalyk
    LauraBalyk Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I am currently at 47 pounds and it has been13 months ... I had a plateau for 3 months of that which really put a damper on my streak but I figure I am dong it nice and slow the healthy way with no gimics so I will take it !
  • Pathend2
    Pathend2 Posts: 142
    Options
    I'm at 70 pounds lost in 6 months.
  • Devasation
    Devasation Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Lost 20 pounds just (from 200 to 180) by changing my diet and jogging a bit. Was stuck at that weight for about nine months, then lost another 30 over a period of 7 months doing home exercise videos. I now try to keep my weight around 150.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!