What is your NSV this week?

Options

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Aqua Kickboxing last night (although I am pretty darn sore today, lol).
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I've recently started running or rucking a 5k at work during my lunch break. I've gotten faster each day.
  • chuxter64
    chuxter64 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I recently completed a 12 week program with one on one rehab on my injured knees and two weeks ago I had my trip to our local gym with her so that this little birdie can leave the nest.....I was ready.......then I woke up the next day rather ill and had been unable to work out as I had been put off work for more than a week. Yesterday I faced the gym all by my lonesome, feeling the quads today and I am thrilled.....that's my victory!
  • medlaura
    medlaura Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I've actually gone to the gym 3 days this week and have been eating 75% clean. Where as the last 4 months i didn't go not one day, and ate 0% clean.

PS: June 8th is my start date. which was this Sunday :bigsmile: :blushing:
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I ran/jogged for 28 minutes in week 7 of my C25K program last night, and worked out again this morning and can walk in my heels at work today. :smile:
  • DCarter1701
    DCarter1701 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    This week I had my hair coloured / cut and my eyebrows and eyelashes tinted. This may seem silly, but its the first time in ages that Ive bothered to make a long-term effort with my appearance (not just throwing on some slap for a night out then going back to being a lazy frump the next day), because I feel so much more confident in myself by losing some weight. Does that make sense? I hope so lol.

It makes perfect sense. I recently just started to use face lotion again---I had just kind of "given up" regarding keeping my skin healthy, but losing the weight has made me want to make the rest of me look better, too.
  • Cby60
    Cby60 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I went to the kids' school today ( yup still have school age kids at 54!- we took in 4 kids about 12 years ago after our youngest turned 13) met one of the moms in the parking lot and said "hi!". She looked at me, took off her glasses and wiped at her eyes and hesitated and then said " oh, didn't recognize you there for a minute.....boy do you look good! We know each other because of the girls but she has no idea I am exercising and "dieting". Made my day. And today without any prompting from me :smile: my husband said "you sure have lost weight...you were starting to look like a gnome." From him this is a compliment as he is a man of few words.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I got floats at the beach and enjoyed the ocean and riding in the waves. I am 60 but I was glad I was able to do this and we had fun for hours. I also could wear all my shorts this year with no stretchy waist, this feels good!
  • H0llyG0lightly
    H0llyG0lightly Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    First time running 5k :)
  • daworley
    daworley Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I noticed this week that when I need to pick up something off the floor, it is so much easier! :tongue:
  • Rachifloon
    Rachifloon Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Currently using one of the "design holes" in my belt to hold my jeans up as the regular holes are too big! And yesterday I noticed I may need to start using the next design hole as the first one's getting loose too! Jeans shopping soon, I think... :laugh:
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    sore muscles from belly dance class and practice and 11,900 steps yesterday.
  • Bexchubb
    Bexchubb Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    This week I had my hair coloured / cut and my eyebrows and eyelashes tinted. This may seem silly, but its the first time in ages that Ive bothered to make a long-term effort with my appearance (not just throwing on some slap for a night out then going back to being a lazy frump the next day), because I feel so much more confident in myself by losing some weight. Does that make sense? I hope so lol.

It makes perfect sense. I recently just started to use face lotion again---I had just kind of "given up" regarding keeping my skin healthy, but losing the weight has made me want to make the rest of me look better, too.

Exactly! Im so glad someone gets it lol, thought I was being odd.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    after 12 years i can now easily fit my wedding ring.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Bought pants about three weeks ago that didn't fit - they fit yesterday. And my bra band size went down :)
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    My scale actually died, so it can't torture me anymore! :D
  • chinook44
    chinook44 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My tight jeans are not so tight anymore - actually a bit too loose! So I just bought the next size down...:)
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    I wore a dress to work two days this week.
  • Mav3rick54
    Mav3rick54 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Self timed 5k....34:35......I have been walking/jogging, but this is the first time I have tried to run the full distance without walking....kinda stoked
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I feel good about this past week, ate pretty clean and exercise/yard work more that I have in a long time.:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!