Bloat - Why is this happening all of a sudden?

Options
Hi all, I have upped my calories in the last two weeks to TDEE-20% and have found I have more energy, and the weightloss has started again. But I seem to be suffering from bloating! After each meal, whether its big, small or medium, my stomach feels huge... I think it could be the stock from the soup, but any other tips? Heaps of bloat in PT today and that was just after protein and a banana. And I usually drink 2-3 litres of water a day. My diary is open.
Would love any feedback :)

Replies

• sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Probably sodium from the stock.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Did you up your cals from predominantly carbs?

Are you eating the same types of foods as before but just larger portions or have you changed things a lot?

I'd say it is a case of doing some self experimentation. Cut out some foods for a few days and see if it affects it. Switch to other types and try again.

Or just live with it :smile: I quite like the feeling of being bloated (unless I'm about to train :laugh:)
  • blackgold86
    blackgold86 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Yeah ive added in mostly carbs and a little protein, and these carbs have been from rice, powdered oats, sweet potato and some chocolate ;)

Everything else has remained the same. Ill keep note of when it happens most, thanks!
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I think sometimes it has nothing to do with food. Joys of being a woman with cycling hormones.
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I think sometimes it has nothing to do with food. Joys of being a woman with cycling hormones.
    It happens to guys too though. Usually it's from either sodium or carbs holding onto water.