Download Festival

Options
Anyone going to Download? Maybe you're already there.

Replies

• ruth87jm
    ruth87jm Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Not this year, though I went regularly until a few years back.

Funnily enough, thinking about Download always makes me think about eating burgers :drinker:
  • LoneWolf_70
    LoneWolf_70 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    AH Download...i remember when it was Castle Donington. Im in the US, but I did get out there in 1990 (I was 20, yes im aging myself lol) when one of my all time favorite underrated bands played...The London Quireboys.

WHo is the headliner this year?
  • ccpauley
    ccpauley Posts: 70
    Options
    I'm not going either, so sad :sad:

Rob Zombie, A7X, Killswitch Engage, Trivium. All the great ones.

I was there a few years back when Slipknot played and that was awesome they put on a killer show.

What's the best fest do you think?
  • eyley
    eyley Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My mate's there and keeps sending me photos.

Not jealous at all.

What makes it worse is I have to drive to and from work past it too! for the rest of the week!

:(
  • ccpauley
    ccpauley Posts: 70
    Options
    That's a sin, I feel for you :(
  • ThisCharmingFellow
    ThisCharmingFellow Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    AH Download...i remember when it was Castle Donington.

Monsters of Rock was the highlight of my sister's year, back in the day. Think she went each year between '87 and '92.
  • battink
    battink Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    ahh is it this weekend? I remember not being too impressed with the full line up for this year, although Trivium doing their 2008 set and Linkin Park playing the whole of Hybrid Theory sounds SO epic.

I went last year and it was awesome, slipknot, rammstein, korn, enter shikari, ffdp, down, alice in chains - oh to be back there and not in stupid work :p