Is anyone else pre-ordering an Amiigo?

azwen
azwen Posts: 237 Member
I really am looking forward to getting mine. I think it will be easy to use and motivating.

Replies

• azwen
    Nobody? I'm surprised.
  • olsondre
    olsondre Posts: 198 Member
    Certainly will be an interesting piece of fitness technology if it works.
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Very very interesting, I hadn't heard of it. I'm just not sure I want to jump in on the ground floor of something like that. I'd kinda like to see it prove itself first before I spend $90 on it to find out it doesn't work worth a ****.
  • kabertrand63
    kabertrand63 Posts: 111 Member
    I've been watching this one for a while. Not sure I want to get in on the first production version but I may go for it. I ordered the fuel band around christmas and finally got it a week ago. I didn't like it at all, didn't help me be more motivated either (which was my main intention for getting it). It also was ugly to wear at work...so, I sent that back. Should have just waited for amiigo!
  • azwen
    I actually changed my mind, too. I got a Fitbit Zip. The Amiigo doesn't sync with an iPhone 4, which is what I have, and since it doesn't show any data on the device itself, it wouldn't be much use to me.

Maybe I will get something else for Christmas. We'll see. But for now I love the Fitbit Zip I just got!
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    what is an amigo
  • mfaine
    mfaine Posts: 84 Member
    I love gadgets so this is right up my alley but I'm dubious. I know enough about electronics and programming to suspect it can't possibly be as accurate as it is portrayed to be. I can't even tell if it is really monitoring heart rate or estimating it based on accelerometer data. My fear is that it would be wildly inconsistent. I'd rather have less data that is extremely accurate than more data that is hit and miss. I guess I need more information before I can make a purchasing decision.
  • kabertrand63
    I LOVE gadgets too! I am really tempted on the Amiigo. Check it out at http://www.indiegogo.com/amiigo. My only hold back is waiting for those that buy first to work out the bugs!
  • kabertrand63
    Ok, Ok, I just ordred my amiigo! now, how can I wait until June!! I think this is gonna be great.
  • sbeneli
    sbeneli Posts: 2 Member
    I've ordered one and am ridiculously excited. I was pondering the Fitbit Flex or the BodyMedia Fit. I think this will be better than both - I hope. Now, I just have to wait until it's released!
  • donnelly5673
    donnelly5673 Posts: 4 Member
    My order is in too, gets pulse from SPO2 monitoring, will be accurate at rest but variable with energetic movement. Will be interesting to see how aerobic and anaerobic exercise impacts oxyhaemoglobin I think....

Just a waiting game now!
  • kabertrand63
    Oh, I hate waiting...can't wait to get this. I returned my fuel band, was totally boring and not motivating me like I thought i would.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    I'm going to wait until it comes out and see if it is as accurate as it says it is. For now my BodyMedia Fit is working fantastically.
  • CarolAmanda
    CarolAmanda Posts: 84 Member
    I'm anxious for the amiigo to be released and have some user reviews available. If it is as cool as it seems, I'll be excited to have one.

Carol
  • shanaya37
    shanaya37 Posts: 49 Member
    My co-worker and I have invested in one each. Am waiting anxiously for June to arrive lol.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Oh! I just got really excited about a new gadget, but I love my iPhone 4 and don't plan on changing phones yet. So if I can't sinc it then I'll have to forgo this one. Love my fitbit though:)
  • I'm one of the first that ordered. I can't wait. It would be fantastic if it syn'd with MFP.
  • UnRemarkableMe
    UnRemarkableMe Posts: 9 Member
    I pre-ordered one and I cannot wait till it comes, I thought I would have it by Thanksgiving but I am now hoping to have it by Christmas.. We shall see if it performs as expected.
  • Anyone receive theirs yet? Looks like early adopters should be receiving their trackers soon (if they haven't already).

I've been sort of following the fitness tracker craze for a while, and discovered the Amiigo sometime last summer. This tracker doesn't really have any technology that's all that impressive, it just seems like a better thought out product than all the other half assed fitness trackers out there (the vast majority of big name fitness trackers are glorified pedometers). Amiigo tracks your upper body, and lower body movements, checks pulse, has wireless charging and is waterproof...by no means any new technology, just a compilation of existing technologies put together into a more comprehensive product.
    I've owned a few fitness trackers in the past and have been severely disappointed in all of them and have been waiting for a decent product to emerge. I'm not saying Amiigo is the one, but it's definitely a step in the right direction. Either way, having bought enough and being burned, I'm holding back, even with something as promising as Amiigo and want to hear some owner's thoughts first.

I'm guessing it's not possible yet, but I was wondering if anyone who has one knows if there's anyway to automatically upload your exercise to myfitnesspal.

For those of you saying you're waiting to see if the technology behind Amiigo is possible, it is and easily, there's nothing revolutionary behind it's tech nor is it that difficult to achieve what it claims. A lot of the problems will be with software, and that's something that will only become more accurate and improve over time.

If you want to see some tech that is 'out there' check out Airo. Promising tech if it turns out to be true, but given how long it took Amiigo to come to fruition, I'm not holding my breath for something like Airo.
    http://www.getairo.com/
  • piekillar
    piekillar Posts: 5 Member
    just got mine a few days ago and took it for a test drive today. Anyone have any questions I can tell you right now that its an awesome device and its only using 10% of the metrics right now?