Steak

Options
I just ate the best steak I've had in a while. Marinated in an herb/garlic sauce, and cooked rare.
I'm pretty sure I just heard my stomach growl "thank you", because it's sick of turkey and chicken.

You're welcome, stomach. You're welcome.

Tell me how you like your steak. I need more ideas!

Replies

• joansjourney
    joansjourney Posts: 110
    Options
    I'm salt, pepper, and garlic girl when it comes to my steak.. simple but delicious. I made my husband put some on the grill yesterday.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I'm salt, pepper, and garlic girl when it comes to my steak.. simple but delicious. I made my husband put some on the grill yesterday.

Good man! That actually sounds good; do you put the cloves into the steak, or mince it onto the meat?
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    A big sirloin with a little Worcestershire, pepper, and cooked to medium over mesquite.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    A Filet served black and blue, a side of goose fat potatoes and creamed spinach, and a damn good bottle of Pinot or Cabernet.
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Im a big fan of steak stir-fry with all sorts of greens, maybe some garlic, peppers, broccoli, leeks, fiddleheads, carrots, spinach

or just plain old toss it on the bbq and eat directly off the fire

I just love steak.
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    A Filet served black and blue, a side of goose fat potatoes and creamed spinach, and a damn good bottle of Pinot or Cabernet.

7rf5z.jpg
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    I like steak almost any way you can cook it, as long as it isn't overcooked. There has to be at least a bit of pink, even in a stir fry. My favorite is a simple grilled New York strip. If I can't grill, it goes under a really hot broiler.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Filet, strip, or ribeye with garlic salt and pepper, seared in butter, then roasted in the oven for a few minutes.

A lot of my money goes to red meat.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

7fb63f35-0a0c-4c45-b5a4-c7ef3d6342bc_zpsd6da092e.jpg
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    Filet, strip, or ribeye with garlic salt and pepper, seared in butter, then roasted in the oven for a few minutes.

Do you get it from a butcher?
    Every time I have butcher meat, it always puts the supermarket stuff to shame.

Also..you should add prime rib to that list.
  • joansjourney
    joansjourney Posts: 110
    Options

Good man! That actually sounds good; do you put the cloves into the steak, or mince it onto the meat?

I'm lazy and do the cloves in the steak, I'm too lazy to mince lol
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options

Do you get it from a butcher?
    Every time I have butcher meat, it always puts the supermarket stuff to shame.

Also..you should add prime rib to that list.

I should. Now I have to find one around here.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Filet mignon au poivre medium rare.

Ribeye with kosher salt/pepper medium rare.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Filet-Mignon marinated overnight in Lea & Perrins and cooked to a barely medium rare.
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    A well marbled New York is my cut of choice. Garlic oil, with a house blend of spices which vary, but almost always include crushed dry rosemary, sea salt, fresh cracked black pepper and onion powder. Cooked to medium rare and finished under the broiler with blue cheese and sauteed mushrooms. Wash it down with a tasty Barolo, and I'm a happy man.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    A well marbled New York is my cut of choice. Garlic oil, with a house blend of spices which vary, but almost always include crushed dry rosemary, sea salt, fresh cracked black pepper and onion powder. Cooked to medium rare and finished under the broiler with blue cheese and sauteed mushrooms. Wash it down with a tasty Barolo, and I'm a happy man.

So you don't like Brunello?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Filet Mignon all the way - the only way to improve a good steak is to wrap it in bacon. Mushroom sauce, and mmm mmm mmm
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Blue rare, filet only, topped with goat cheese and red wine reduction. I ate that weekly when I bartended at a steakhouse. Good thing it was a physical job....
  • Karababy51
    Karababy51 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I adore a medium rare Porterhouse, T-bone, or Ribeye seasoned lightly with fresh ground black peppercorns, Lawrey's season salt & garlic powder. We like to grill them over an oak wood fire along with some red onions. Add some sautéed mushrooms, a baked potato topped with real butter and sour cream, plus a glass (or 2,3, etc) of white Merlot with frozen raspberries to wash it all down, and I'm in Nirvana. :love:
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Top Sirloin or Tenderloin are my two go to steaks (Tenderloin for more special occassions)

BBQ at 250 until lightly browned on bottom

Flip over add 1 tbsp of Bulls eye Guiness BBQ sauce, 1/2 tsp Montreal Steak Spices
    Cook until lightly browned on bottom

Flip over add 1 tbsp of Bulls eye Guiness BBQ sauce, 1/2 tsp Montreal Steak Spices to other side

Cook until desired style - Medium rare is the staple in my house.

Enjoy!